Deestone SAT 7.50 by 16

Technical questions and answers
billingtond

Deestone SAT 7.50 by 16

Post by billingtond »

Deestone ,SAT Style D503 750-16 10 Ply are they any good off road.
landdani

Post by landdani »

Wish I coulod help answering.
wonderful sport!
1984 SeriesIII ex-melitary, 109 inch, V8 stage one
Rob

Post by Rob »

the pattern is the same as the goodyear tyres used by the army when they used series 3. My brother has off roaded with these tyres as have I and they are pretty good for off roading.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

You might better off posting your query to the NZLROC group on Yahoo Groups. They look a lot like the Jeep Service/Triple Traction SATs.

I've seen them on a couple of vehicles, most recently on a really really nice ex-army series 1 restoration at the Waiuku Steam Fair. They look the deal but have no idea of wear rates and strength. Being 10 ply I'd say they would be pretty stiff in the side walls, so you could drop to quite low pressures without the risk of losing beads. Bridgestone and Firestone are typically 8 ply.

Let us know what you decide because that is probably where I will look for new tyres unless I can find a decent source of Firestones or Bridgestones.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
billingtond

Post by billingtond »

Thanks for the feed back, I will try a set, at 200 kiwi each it is worth the risk.
pomme fritz

Post by pomme fritz »

I have these on my ex nz army. They're good offroad, hum like a welsh choir on road. I reckon they wear faster than the goodyears and bridgestones they replicate though. Cheap as chips though. :D