Overdrive linkage.

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Timewarp

Overdrive linkage.

Post by Timewarp »

Hi does anyone out there know the whereabouts of any overdrive linkage or has any plans,photos,or patterns to help.Has anyone had any made up?
I am sure this has been asked before but I am new on here and cannot find the information.Anything would be a help,maybe some member lives near me who has one fitted i could look at.I am based in Hartlepool on Teesside Many thanks Gary.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

May the force be with you
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Gary
I make the 2 bits unique to the Stage 1 linkage, thats the pivot block & the rod from the block to the overdrive.The pivot/shoulder bolt /lever & knob is all standard Fairey Overdrive. You would need to sourse them yourself. What i should also have pointed out was that no part of the Range Rover overdrive linkage is any use bar the knob.You need the linkage from the smaller Series overdrive linkage. Sorry about that.
Terry
Last edited by Bumpkin on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
bungolobill

Post by bungolobill »

Hello Terry,

I too would be very interested in getting hold of a pivot block and rod, I have the overdrive and all the bits from a Range Rover but am not too keen on having the operating lever come up through the cubby box! How do I go about getting one from you?

Cheers
Phil
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Phill
I have edited the post above to point out the linkage problems. I am about to make a batch of 10 pivot block and bars. They will be 25 Pounds a pair. Available after Christmas.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
bungolobill

Post by bungolobill »

Terry, yes that makes sense now, I have got a good selection of Series Overdrive bits and pieces so no dramas there.
Can you put me down for a pivot block and bar when you make them up please, how do I pay you cheque or paypal?
Cheers
Phil
Larry

Post by Larry »

Slightly off thread, but I fancied an overdrive for mine, but also didn't want the linkages up through the centre seat area so didn't investigate any further.

What exactly is required to fit one to a Stage 1. Is it just a RR Overdrive and the linkages (Bumpkin style) or is there more to it?

What sort of price is it all?
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Larry
Ra/Ro & Stage 1 share the LT95 box as does the overdrive.The remote bar from the O/D to the swivel and the mounting block are unique to the Stage 1.The rest is Standard Series overdrive linkage.No part of the Ra/Ro linkage is usable.
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Larry

Post by Larry »

Cheers Bumpkin.

It all looks a bit more feasible than I first thought. I'll start looking around for an overdrive that won't break the bank. I know Series ones are expensive in good condition and getting rarer. Hopefully I'll come across a bargain.

Are you likely to produce another batch of blocks and bars in the future?
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Larry
You want a Range Rover overdrive. Much cheaper, not a Series overdrive BUT,you do want most of the Series overdrive linkage.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
meph373

Post by meph373 »

Ive got an overdrive I could part with. Its for an LT95. You'll need to find the fixin's and the linkage. Larry or anybody PM me and I'll box it up.

Eric
firemanshort

Photo of it installed

Post by firemanshort »

See photo -

I beleive that GINGA from this forum has a pattern to make new parts, too.

-Firemanshort
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA