Rear lights modifications

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Tin

Rear lights modifications

Post by Tin »

Hi Friends!!
I show you the rear light change of my 6cyl. I put the original Land Rover round lights, because in my Landy, Santana put quadrate lights, and it didn't like me.
I think that with these lights it is more nice!! and I have installed a new rear speed light and an antimist ligth.

The photos with new rear lights:

Before the change:

One question, I see in yours Stage 1 V8 two round white rear lihgths in each side, is it the rear speed ligth???

Bye friends, I hope that like you my modifications. :wink:
LAND ROVER, the best!!!
Larry

Post by Larry »

Just noticed on your photos that yours has a very different rear bumper/cross member with a step built in. Is that bolted onto the rear cross member or is it part of the chassis?

The round lights do look better I think.
Tin

Post by Tin »

Hi Larry,
I answer your question, my bumpers it isn´t original, it is craft bumpers with 5mm thickness, and the rear bumper is bolted to the chassis.
My LAndy originally equipped other bumpers (front and rear)developped by santana, a fiberglass caps in each extreme of the rear chassis, and the front bumper also was different, but it was very weak, and with a simple shock it was broken. Now, with these craft bumpers that I put it isn't problem.
I must to tell that these bumpers (fiberglass)only was equipped in the last
Santana's series and the "luxury" or "full equip" models. After, these fiberglass caps was substituted by metallic caps bolted to the bumpers. The normal models was equipped with traditional bumpers.

I show you these photos of this propagandist pamphlet (1988), and you can see these bumpers of LAND ROVER SANTANA SERIES IV: 2500/3500DL ("full equip" with metallic caps bumpers developped by Santana) and 2.5/3.5DL ("normal" with tradtional land rover bumpers)

Cazorla 6 Cylinders third version (with fiberglass caps bumpers developped by Santana)

LAND ROVER, the best!!!