LT95 Overdrive parts wanted!!!!

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
1toughV8

LT95 Overdrive parts wanted!!!!

Post by 1toughV8 »

Hello all,
Looking for an input gear and a laygear for my overdrive?? I know the overdrives themselves are as rare as it gets so individual parts are probably more rare, but i thought i would put the word out there.

Input gear F.W. part # 5116-A1
Laygear F.W. part # 5115-A2

Any info is appreciated,

Cheers,
Chris
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hi Chris,

I was actually thinking about LT95 overdrives the other day and something occured to me - perhaps your need is the perfect chance to test my idea?

Why don't you contact George at Rovers Down South and see if he can help out - perhaps he might be able to produce a limited run of LT95 overdrives if there is enough interest. I suggest this as George seems to be the current manufacturer of Fairey overdrives.

I don't know the full story, but I suggest he is a good place to start, and Virginia to New Orleans, why that's just around the corner, isn't it?

http://roversdownsouth.com/

http://www.faireyoverdrive.com/

Good luck and let us know how you fare, I am sure that there will be plenty of interest here if George can (and is willing to) manufacture overdrives for us.

Alan.
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Chris
I have just removed 3 95 overdrives from a Range Rover grave yard.I do not know the condition but as they are now very rare i will be testing and stripping as i have 95 overdrives on my stage 1 and my range rover.
I also have a box of spare bits. Have you got piccys of the parts.Richard at Glencoyne engineering also has 95 spares.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Tel,

Are you keeping all three, or could you be persuaded to part with one?

Alan
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Alan
I currently have the Stage 1 mothballed but have to get her back on the road for the Winter.It is much easier to change overdrives in a Series vehicle so that is where i will be testing them. Fitting the OD to the Range Rover was a big job.I will definatly be selling the best one and saving the others. I am also going to draw up a diagram for the linkages as these are apparently very hard to come by.Raggylad has been patiently waiting.Probably given up by now.
Hope to do that in August some time.
Postage to USA will be 100 Pounds plus though.The 95 pans out at about 16 Kilo. :
E Mail this chap, he had one for sale.http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/phpBB2/profi ... file&u=126
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Terry,
I would love to put my name on a good input gear and laygear from your spares if i can. I will post some pics later so you know what i am looking for.

Alan,
I have already spoken with RDS and they thought i was crazy for even asking for LT95 overdrive parts so i can't see them entertaining the idea of starting a limited run production of spares???

Thanks for all of the response,
Chris
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Terry,
Here are the photos you requested. Additionally, there is a photo of a bearing that looks cactus as well--it is the roller bearing that goes at the front of the overdrive and supports the final drive gear that goes inside and attaches to the gearbox mainshaft. If you have one of those, i will take it too.

Input gear

Laygear

Bearing

Thanks again,
Chris
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi
This is what i have.Laygear is showing signs of wear.Bearing is OK.Input gear does not appear to be the same. What is the width of your laygear?
Terry

1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Terry,
The laygear looks better than mine and looks like a match, bearing looks great and the input gear on the right looks like a winner---i see how the one on the left has a longer shaft!! I can't measure my gears until next week as they are in a box in the post.

In the meantime, tell me how much you want for the three bits and if you can get a postage quote for me to Norfolk, Virginia zip code 23704. I will be travelling back to the states from Australia so may not be back on-line for a few days---please hold them for me!!!

Cheers,
Chris
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Sorry Chris look closely at ther gear on the right. It was only a comparison in sizes.Double click to enlarge. Its the same as yours. They all go here. The rear bearing looses the oil supply, seizes solid .Catastrophic failure is the result. The 95, unlike the smaller Fairy unit should have a constant oil supply.Input gear is the same overall length, just a shorter gear.Hopefully someone else will look at this post soon and explain thet. I thought all the parts were all the same.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Basil

Post by Basil »

Don't know if this is any help to you, but fairey used some of the gear's and bearing's from the triumph 2000 gearbox in the overdrive that fit's an LT95, if you could correspond the the part's, you could probally order them new from someone like rimmer brother's or another triumph specalist nearer to home.

Cheer's Baz
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Hello out there,
Just thought i would put the word out again to anyone with some spare LT95 parts in their garage---you know, like everyone has this stuff??? Turns out it will not be cost effective to get the two gears cut even though i did find a guy who could reverse-engineer them. So, if anyone has the laygear or input gear pictured above---i could really use them.

Cheers,
Chris
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Hey Terry, you out there?

Listen mate, if you have a second, can you look at your input gear that you have pictured to the right above and tell me what the number on the roller bearings inside is? There are two bearings and i am pretty sure they are Torrington(Timken) F-2525, but just want to be sure. I took mine out last week and somehow they made it in the trash before i could order some new ones and am now second guessing my memory---they say that is the first to go. Thanks again.

Chris
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Have you tried Glencoyne he has a few Stage One O/D bits on ebay at the moment.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/glencoyne-engineering-ltd
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Chris
Have you got the 95 overdrive parts list and rebuild pamphlet?There is no bearing in the cog as i stripped it out.If not i can send you one.It is down loadable, but i cant find it.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County