Another new face...

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
marnold

Another new face...

Post by marnold »

Good afternoon to you all,

I trust that you are well. It was not so long ago that I discovered this site and have been impressed by the welcoming and informative approach that you all give to it.
I have owned my 109 V8 for about eighteen months, although have owned a Land Rover for as long as I can remember so since joining the forum I thought it obligitory to introduce myself and the said vehicle.
I wouldn't say that it is any more or less special than any other, but in the time that I have owned her I have undertaken a rolling restoration and upgrade as appropriate including bulkhead and drive train.
She is not quite finished and currently undergoing something of 'shake down' at the minute. See what your reckoning is...

Matthew

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa15 ... 1184778270
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Hi there,
looks like a very nice solid Landy you have, I especially like the blue paint; is it paegent blue, or a non BL colour? I shall be painting my Landrover soon, but I think I shall go with green!

Anyway - welcome to the forum.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

JAVA GREEN ?

Nice truck it looks like you've worked hard on it
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

JAVA GREEN ?
Mine, you mean? No, I don't think so - in fact, this is something I might ask for a bit of help in (I'll make a new post, sorry for the bried hijack). My local DIY shop simply has some paint that is 'Land Rover Green'. Time for a new post...
marnold

Paint

Post by marnold »

Thanks for the welcome chaps...

It is indeed standard paegent blue - it is just a poor quality photo and the sun that makes it look more vibrant!
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

I thought I recognised that colour - I had an MGB in the same shade (late seventies car); looks good.
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

very very nice :)
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Yea. I like it too. Very nice in Pagent blue. Java Green rules though.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum mate :D , stupid question but has your truck got a befender windscreen and roof on it? look's the dog's by the way.

Cheer's Baz
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Yep, I noticed that. I can see it would be quite useful: I'm a tall chap (6'2") and I sometimes find myself sort of craning my neck and peering out of the windscreen - the higher Defender screen would sort that nicely...
marnold

Post by marnold »

Apologies for the late reply - The roof, screen and bulkhead are indeed Defender. I managed to get an accident damaged 2002 MY and got a little carried away in what was initially going to be a gearbox rebuild and replacement footwells! Having said that I am also 6'4'' and the screen and seats make a hell of a difference for long journeys as you might imagine.

I will try and take a few pics of the inside if people are interested, but essentially it looks pretty much like a Defender... If I am honest, I would have preferred to keep the original bulkhead and screen, but the more you dig / disassemble, the more horrors that seem to lurk beneath and mine was no exception!