New South Aussie Stage 1

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Chaz Quarrier

New South Aussie Stage 1

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Hi all,
I'm the proud new owner of a 1980 stage 1 ute. It's a 109 running on dual fuel, 90 thousand kms on the clock. Overall it's in great condition, only things i need to look at straight away seem to be inoperative fuel gauge and certain indicator lights on the dash - not had a chance to fiddle with fuses yet, but any ideas apart from that?

Anyway, greeting from down-under to fellow stage 1 owners around the world!

Cheers

Chaz

P.S. I'll try to add some piccies

[/img]
Last edited by Chaz Quarrier on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Hi there, looks like a great truck you have - very clean. Hard to know what the problems with your electrics are without knowing a bit more (ie, which indicator lights aren't working), but these Landies use very simple electrical systems, so sorting it out should be a doddle. I would check all the connections first, and work from there.

By the way, for posting pictures in the forum, you need to put the '[img]'%20marks%20either%20side%20of%20each%20link,%20rather%20than%20all%20three.[/img]
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi Chaz,

Welcome to the forum mate from Bonny Scotland :D , smashing looking truck you have there, alway's think they look good with a tray back on, a lot neater than the origanal land rover tub imho

Cheer's Baz :D
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hey Chaz
Your Truck looks very nice. Obviously not ravaged by the wet weather as we are here in the UK.Welcome to the Forum from Sunny Cornwall.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Chaz Quarrier

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Cheers Guys.

I'm well pleased with her so far. Some fiddling with connections and new bulbs have been fitted so the lights now work; next thing to sort will be the inoperative fuel gauge. By the way, do Haynes do a manual which covers the stage 1?

Believe it or not it was my wife who spotted the ute - she had seen it on the way to the kids school and said it looked nice but did not know what it was.

I went for a drive past, expecting a holden or ford ute, and was blown away. It turns out that in addition to a recent re-spray, the previous owner had it re-upholstered, the lpg conversion done, and various new bits and bobs. I understand I got it for a lot less than he spent on it, so a bit of a result there.

I'm planning to get her really tidied up to display at the local British Car day next year - I'll let you know how I get on.

All the best!

Chaz
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Haynes don't do a Stage 1 manual (as far as I know) but Landrover themselves made something called the 'Land Rover V8 Repair Operation Manual Supplement', which is designed to cover the Stage 1, ISBN: 1855203103; this was designed to be an addition to the 'Land Rover Series III Repair Operation Manual', ISBN: 1855201089. As well as these two, try the Range Rover repair manual - very useful. Also, one of our esteemed mods had uploaded the manuals here:

http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=257
Last edited by Skye Stage 1 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi
This is what you looking for.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-3-5-3- ... dZViewItem
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

It's almost the splitting image of what mine used to look like! :shock: Until I started getting into it... Very nice looking one you've got there :D. You should possibly get some slightly wider tyres for it, I used to have a great deal of trouble with those sorts of tyres in wet conditions (spun out around a corner... very very scary when there is an oncoming car)

Where abouts in NSW are you based??
Chaz Quarrier

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Hi, Thanks for the advice on the tyres - any recommendations?

Your landy looks great - I looked at the pics on your blog, looks like you've put some serious work into her.

I'm actually just outside Adelaide, up in the hills.

Cheers

Chaz
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Well, I am currently running BFG Mud Terrains on mine and the improvement was amazing, it holds much better on the road now.

Thanks for the compliment, Yeah lots and lots of time and $$ has gone into it... It never ends.

Ah, in adelaide, I see that now under your name, the New South part of the title threw me off. Anyway, hopefully the forum will be a great resource for you! These cars can require a fair bit of maintenance at times. Keeps me on my toes.
Stirling