I have sold out!

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
jonnyboy

I have sold out!

Post by jonnyboy »

Hi guys,

Its official, I am a V8 sell out. I have just bought a 1995 300tdi 3 door disco :shock:

I don't feel to bad as I managed to pay less for the disco than I sold my stage 1 for. Will have to wait a while until the funds build up again and I can buy another stage 1.

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Johnny
Sometimes we just got to give in to reality.These V8 we run are terrible on fuel. I had a week of back along and put in 50 Pounds of fuel. That was just bugging around close to home.I am fortunate that i am only a few miles from work or else i would have to give them up as well.You'll get another one. They come up regulary. I may swap my Rangie for another Stage one at the end of the Summer. A chap i know is doin one close to me.He fancies my Rangie.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Go to LPG guys, $80 Aussie dollars -> 900 kilometres. My car is now cheaper to run then my parents 1998 300Tdi Disco! Mind you, they travel in a little more comfort.
Raggylad

Post by Raggylad »

I've got to agree with Stirl - LPG is the way to go. Even at £0.49.9/litre (my local), better still at £0.47.7/litre (15 miles away), my weekly fuel bill is the same as for my wife's Fiat Panda ! And that's with a daily 22 mile round trip to work as well as the weekends. :D
1983 110 V8 Station Waggon - LPG converted

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so much fun as messing about in boats
Larry

Post by Larry »

Try not to get too comfortable! :D After a few years with my Stage 1 off the road and driving a nice comfortable executive landing craft with bum warmers, air con and auto box etc I am having doubts as to whether I want to drive the Landy regularly again and get either:

a)too cold
b)too warm
c)Wet (never did sort out that leak over the driver)
d)deaf
e)aching muscles from clutch and steering etc.

The above is all lies, can't wait to experience all of the above again. Praying that my left leg can cope with the clutch though! Hope you get another one soon. At least you've stayed with Landies for now.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Things may change

Ken Livingston the Mayor of London has decided that old diesel land rovers are bad for London. Oh and anywhere inside the M25 if you want one that is between 1973 and 2001 then you gotta pay £100 a day.

So my advice is get a V8........... coz Ken reckons they're no threat to the environment.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx

for full details and vehicle checker.