KIWI Ex NZ Army V8

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
grunzter

KIWI Ex NZ Army V8

Post by grunzter »

Hi all,
It is nice to join this forum dedicated to the stage 1 V8.
I have just recently purchased an Ex New Zealand Army 1986 109 V8.
It is Army green in colour, with the 3.5L V8 and 4 speed gearbox.
The body is dent & scratch free. It comes with a NZ Army walker trailer, same as the Australian No.5 army trailer.
The Land Rover includes Jerry can holders, with brand new Ex Army jerry cans, tow pintal, roof rack, spare wheel, bush bar etc... and is fitted out as an FFR variant (Fitted For Radio).

If anyone can offer any information relating to how the radio's were set up and positioned in the FFR that would be greatly appreciated, as with anything on the vehilces in service!
I have a number of reference photo's and other information I will share of typical vehicles for those interested...

Best Regards to all, Grant
---Ex NZ Army #NZ 528 109 V8 (FFR)
---Ex NZ Army #245 (33118) 'No.5' Walker Trailer
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Hi Grant,
Welcome to the forum!
You should post up some photos of the car, i'm sure there will be some people here interested in looking at them!

Stirling
gary_in_nz

hey

Post by gary_in_nz »

hey, nice to hear you got a hold of one of the "straight" ones, many were dented and bent.

Mine is a FFR varriant as well and from what i have heard talking to a terratorial guy I work with, the radio sits up on two stands just behind the driver and passengers front seats. You should see on your right when looking from the back that there is 2 sockets, just behind the driver in the rear tray wall, they run 24volts to them and thats where the radios were hooked up. Do you still have the stands in yours??

Have you taken the restrictors out of yours, and do you have an electronic dizzy??

cheers, gary
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
grunzter

Post by grunzter »

Hi Gary,
Yes many are bent, I know the NZ Army procurred 566 of them back in 1982... not sure how many have died since...
It still has the restrictors, and I would need to check the dizzy...
To be honest, I have only seen photo's of mine, its still in Christchurch and will only be delivered in the next few weeks. I should have more photo's tomorrow to find out what is in the back...

Many thanks for the input on the radio stand, honestly had no idea. I think I have worked out the radio set up though, and could post a few pics when I figure out how to do it...

Cheers Grant
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi Grant
Welcome to the Forum from Cornwall UK.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
grunzter

Post by grunzter »

Hi Terry,
Many thanks for the good words...
I have uploaded some more photos of my 109 V8...
Regards Grant
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Grant. Have you got a line on where all the Stage 1 spares went when you army sold em all?
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
grunzter

Post by grunzter »

Hi Terry,
Not really sure, but my guess is all the spares were auctioned off when or possibly at different times when they auctioned off the Land Rovers. They got rid of them over about 4 major auctions nationwide... the last auction being in May this year.
I have managed to get some parts from a local 'Ebay' style site called 'trade-Me'... www.trademe.co.nz
If you search for things such as: army land rover/land rover/series 3/109 land rover/etc etc... and interesting things pop up all the time... though very small compared to that no doubt in the UK...
If I find out anything i will let you know... cheers grant