How 2's

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
Larry

How 2's

Post by Larry »

I am new to the forum, and have had a good look around and it's very good indeed. Glad to find that I'm not the only one with a few problems and a little frustrated getting parts etc. :D

I have a suggestion though. On a couple of another car related forums I use (not for Landrovers), they have a "How 2" section, which basically consists of members writing a mini Haynes manual complete with pics (and video) for certain job's or modifications they have done with tips and tricks and usually making them more relevent for the real world (we don't all have hydraulic car lifts etc that the OEM manuals assume we have!) and often show how to restore items rather than replace them with new (another feature of OEM manuals!)

How about this type of thing here?

I'm sure every member would have something they could add, or even reply with easier/better/different ways of doing the same job.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Just me then? :cry:
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

yep :D

Its something I have thought about doing but never seem to have the time!

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Larosto

Post by Larosto »

Hi Larry,

I think it is a good idea , but it`s difficult for those who are not so good on computers- like me for example. I don`t know how to put a picture onto this site, but I can send them per mail.
So, another possibility would be, if one sends such pictures and discriptions from each to the other, if someone wishes to get them.

regards

Horst
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Larosto wrote:I don`t know how to put a picture onto this site, but I can send them per mail.
Hey Horst,

The issue with putting pictures in posts is that they have to be on the internet first! I have my own co-located web server so I can just upload them to there but a lot of people use services like Photobucket or Imagehosting.

Once your pictures are viewable on the internet you can add them to a post by right clicking the image and selecting properties.

You should see a url for the image starting with http://

If you copy this and then in your post on here type Image you should find that the picture appears!

May be this could be the first howto! Not quite Land Rover related :D

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website