LandRover Doors - Stage 1 & Defender

Technical questions and answers
gary_in_nz

LandRover Doors - Stage 1 & Defender

Post by gary_in_nz »

Hi all,

Just been thinking, will Defender doors fit on a Stage 1?? Also I have over the shoulder retractorable seat belts and was wondering if I picked up a Cab or Station Wagon Roof, is there a place to mount the seat belts??

I'm looking to make my Stage 1 a bit more "Lockable" so I can use it for work and not just play!!!

Cheers guys,
Gary
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Hi Gary,

Yes defender doors will fit. You might ned to change the strick plate on the door pillar depending on which you currently have.

If you fit a truckcab or hardtop they should have mounting points for the upper shoulder fixing and you use the existing lower fixings. Some truckcabs dont have the brackets and they can be hard to find but not impossible.

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Yep. Defenders doors fit. I also fitted all the locks and catches.I have 1 piece doors on mine.I also have a truck cab and i have the inersia seat belts bolted to the panel behind the seats.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

Great thanks guys, will be on the hunt for some doors then, I would be keen on those 1 piece doors also.
As for the Roof's did say, the Series 2 or 3 roof's have these mounting points for the belts??

cheers,
gary
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
dougmilns

series seatbelt mounts

Post by dougmilns »

the series 3 does have belt mounts, the series 2 doesnt (I'm in the middle of replacing the sides for mine from a series 2 and it doesnt have the fitting. I'll probably fabricate something if I cant remove the existing one.