LT 95 Gearbox

Technical questions and answers
Larosto

LT 95 Gearbox

Post by Larosto »

Hi,

at first I want to thank you for welcoming me at the forum. Thanks to stirlsilver for the advice to my question about the overdrive.

Now, I have an other question: I want to fit an LT95 gearbox from a Range Rover to my Stage One. The problem is, that the front outputshaft housing from the Range gearbox differs from that of the Stage One. The Stage One has a longer shaft, a longer housing and a bigger flansh for the front propeller shaft. Is it possible to change the housings inclusive shaft and differential lock actuator switch from the Stage One gearbox to that of the Range ? Does anybody know something about doing this job? Are there anymore problems to be expected on changing these gearboxes?
My English is not the best, but I hope that you understand what I mean.

regards

Horst
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

You can get adaptor plates for fitting a wide variety of engines onto a variety of gearboxes but I don't know about the LT95 specifically. I would be making a few calls to auto parts places or landrover places to see if you can get hold of an adaptor plate.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

The easiest way I can see is to take the transfer gears from the Range Rover gearbox and fit them to the stage 1 gearbox. You will then have the same gearing without all the hassle and headache of mix and match. The front propshaft output flange on the stage one and the range rover are easily swapped over. Good luck. Some where on this forum a few people have done this conversion and fitted a 3.9l disco engine results are excellent apparently.
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi, the lt95 from a rangie will fit, as i put one in mine , what you need to change is the bell housing, the handbrake assembly, the front prop flange and the front motion shaft, for stage one part's then it will go in.

I fitted one for a while till i had my gearbox reconditioned, hope this help's
Basil
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
KR

Post by KR »

Motion shaft?
Kiwistage1V8

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

I think the front output shaft housing is shorter in the rangie.

I'm gonna get one myself, but all I will do is change the transfer gears. I can do that in situ.

Sounds easy.

;)
Stop Global Whining.
Kiwistage1V8

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

sheesh.

I just read the thread properly.

doh!
Stop Global Whining.
Basil

Post by Basil »

KRÅVL wrote:Motion shaft?
The first motion shaft is what passes through your clutch, tis a proper technical term :D :D :D

Cheer's Baz
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg