Big grins all round :-)

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
jonnyboy

Big grins all round :-)

Post by jonnyboy »

Went for the first real run out in the stage 1 tonight. Its a novel experience accelerating uphill in top gear in a series landrover :o

Deffinately worth all the blood, sweat and swearing thats gone in to it though :D

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

Hi Jonnyboy
I know what you mean about it being worth all the blood sweat and swearing. I am going through a love hate relationship with mine at the moment, as I have been having a few problems with it, and I have damaged my back and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, so I think I should move it on and get an automatic something or other. And then I think how boring would that be? Would I get the same grin factor from driving something else? No I don't think I would, so I'm keeping it, especially after all the time and effort I have put into it with keeping the old girl on the road every year at MOT time and all the modifications.
Seriously considering changing from a station wagon to a soft top though, but I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, especially as I have all the bits to make it a really nice station wagon. Might have to look into the history of it and see if the rumour that it had a royal owner previously is true, and if so, might be worth more to put it back as standard.
Anyway, keep up the good work.
All the best,
Huzey.
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi Chaps
I'm not quite sure where i'm going with my Stage 1 at the moment.I love the dam thing but at the same time she pissis me of. No room in the cab, crap breaks and now lots of little stuff for the MOT.And another fly in the ointment is my latest addition. A 78 mustard coloured Range Rover V8.A minter for the year on E-Bay for 500 Pounds.I love Power Steering. Am i going soft or what. I have a Months tax left on the Stage 1. If the Range Rover is still favorite then, i might MOT the Stage 1 and let someone have some fun with her.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County