Help!! Exporting to Netherlands

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
foggydave

Help!! Exporting to Netherlands

Post by foggydave »

Hi
I hopefully have just sold my Stage 1 to a gentleman in the Netherlands who again hopefully will collect it.
My question is What do I need to do in the way of paperwork
On the log book there is a section for exporting that mentions an export certificate.
It also says I should keep the first page as it will be required by the Netherlands, do they request this at a later date This is the page that normally goes back to the DVLA

I would appreciate any info or horror stories people may have or is it just a simple transaction.
Regards Dave
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Dave,

I can understand your concerns. Although I am not an expert on sending vehicles to the Netherlands, I would think that a bit of common sense should get you through this.

I would pass all of the responsibilities to the buyer, after all you are not the one exporting it – he is. That being said I would inform DVLA that you have sold the vehicle so that you don’t have any future liability for it.

Fill in the part of the V5 regarding the new keeper – list the buyer’s name and address in Holland. After that I would leave everything up to the new owner.

The V5 Guidance Notes only require you to fill out a notice of permanent export if you intend on taking your vehicle abroad for more than 12 months. As you are not taking it anywhere, I don't think you need to worry about that.

Check with DVLA if you have any further concerns.

I bought my Landy in the UK and as far as I know, nobody that end had to deal with any extra paperwork or had any hassles. Just make sure that DVLA knows that you are no longer the registered owner.

I am sure that all will be well.

Good luck.

Alan.
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

Thanks Londoner

I have sussed it with the help of a girl with a broad Brummie (Gods country) accent at the DVLA Swansea

You do now not need an Export certificate what I do is on my V5C logbook is tear off section 11 only (Notification of permanent export) and fill in the reast of the V5C as though I was selling it in this country but give the whole lot to the buyer so he can get it out of Britain I then sent the purple section 11 with a covering note to the DVLA.

Soooooooooo easy mmmmmmmmmmm wait and see. mind you the guys got to turn up yet as with all Ebay transactions it aint over till the fat lady sings or in this case the guy flies in.
Thanks
Ginga

Post by Ginga »

AS i recall Forum member "Firemanshort" imported a Stage 1 to america from UK. He may be able to illuminate you further.

Regards

Ginga
Theres always a way !
firemanshort

Export Paperwork

Post by firemanshort »

I wish I could add something meaningful to this conversation but....

I never met the Welsch fellow that I bought my truck. I had a garage collect the Land Rover and the seller just threw the V5 document in with the truck. He did not fill out any of it. I fabricated a bill of sale and signed it for the seller to satisfy a US Customs requirement. I also filled in the 'title transfer' sections of the V5 and signed it again for the seller so that the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles would print me a Virginia title document. (Mind you - through the magic of computers - I ended up with a vehicle that is registered as a Toyota Land Rover. It was way too diffucult to straighten out beyound that.)

So, I have no real idea what the UK requires as far as exporting. I wager that the DVLA in the UK still show my Stage One as registered to the fellow in Wales.

(Now that I have written that, I am sure every snooping police and security agency will be sending an agent around to talk to me about my loose signature habits....)
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Dear Firemanshort,

May I suggest that you turn yourself into the nearest Federal Office?

I can tell you that I had a really nerve-wracking experience with my Stage One in California.

The DMV lady was a humorless, soulless b***h, however she seemed positively warm and fuzzy compared to the California Highway Patrol officer I had to deal with.

For those of you that think of a smiling friendly Eric Estrada and Larry Wilcox as Jon and “Ponch” in “ChiPs” forget it. I respect that the Officer was doing his job, it’s how he was doing it that bothers me – he came from the position that everything was wrong and that I was trying to pull a fast one on him.

Anyway I won’t need to see him for a while.