Back Up lights switch

Technical questions and answers
firemanshort

Back Up lights switch

Post by firemanshort »

My reverse lights do not work. I took them apart at the lens and the bulbs look OK and the sockets look OK. (I have not put a multi-meter on it yet.)

I wanted to visually inspect the switch on the transmission to make sure that the wires were still attached and everything was plugged in like it should be - but I could not find the switch.

Is it located on top of the transimission? Do I need to pull the transmission tunnel on the inside to get to it?

Also - does the Stage One gear box have a dip stick or inspection hole to check transmission fluid level?

-Firemanshort

(For those keeping track - I was able to find an oil fliter at Advanced Auto Parts for a 1980 Range Rover 3.5 ltr 2 carb petrol engine - I was amazed that they had this!!!)
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
firemanshort

broken hot wire

Post by firemanshort »

I took a lot of parts apart and discovered that the 12volt wire leading to the reverse switch on the transmission was broken about 12 inches from the transmission.

I have no idea where the other end is - or where it should hook up.

Next question - can someone point me to a wiring diagram for the Stage One with reverse lights? I have the diagram for a Series III but it does not show reverse light.

-Firemanshort
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

will scan a copy this evening (tuesday uk time) please send me your e-mail address.
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base