Which water pump is correct?

Technical questions and answers
arcticrover

Which water pump is correct?

Post by arcticrover »

I am trying to order the correct water pump, and after talking with a few suppliers I am getting progressively perplexed. With engine code 20D00008C, 3.5L Pulsair, non A/C, what is the correct water pump part number? These parts suppliers are seeing several possibilities. HELP!
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

According to the parts manual there are 2 types of pump for a stage 1 engine, that is assuming it still has its original engine in!

If you have a fixed metal bladed fan then its part number: RTC3661
If its a viscous fan (most common) then its: RTC3660

If you post a picture of the old one then, just incase its not the original engine, it will help identify it.

Do you have a copy of the parts manual?

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Well, one thing is that my engine appears to be donated from a 83-85 model based on engine code. I have the plastic viscous-type fan. I have a parts manual, just wanted to ask you chaps, too. What do you think?
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Does the fan screw onto the front of the pump or does it slide on and is held on with a nut and washer?

If its the latter then its RTC3660 if it screws on then its a rangerover pump you have.

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

If I remember correctly from when I took it apart, it slides on and is secured with nut and washer. . .
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I ended up ordering STC1610 from Craddocks. It had my engine number on it, so I'll cross my fingers. . . .
primsil

Post by primsil »

you can fit any of the waterpumps up until the front drive change, I am not sure if they are still the same after they went to serpentine, you might need a pulley to match though. I am using a RR EFI viscous type waterpump on a P6 front cover for my new engine, I fitted a stage1 waterpump to my efi RR when I was picking up a load of stage1 engines and parts and the waterpump bearings collapsed.
1985 110, 3.9 auto