map1275

Electric

Post by map1275 »

Worth a look for novelty value.

https://www.jauntmotors.com
map1275

Re: Electric

Post by map1275 »

I did contact them via their website about electric assisted steering and disc brakes. No reply.

Tried direct email a few days later and also no reply. Hopefully the advertising isn't all of their substance.
map1275

Post by map1275 »

If you sign up to their newsletter there is yet another email contact address. I didn't try it. All signing up gets you is a link to their previous advertising videos.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

We send out a newsletter every few weeks to friends, family, partners and future customers. Keep up to date about our vehicle conversions, location announcements and the challenges of running a startup.
As a startup, it is possible they have only a couple of people on board, or like many other startups, they struggle to keep a money supply going.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
map1275

Post by map1275 »

If you watch their videos filmed in the workshop they have a swarm of people. The nutty professor is the only one seemingly doing anything. I already surmised that he may have been an actor and the Rovers in the background were all pushed in or borrowed. If you google the address the front of shop looks like Steptoe & Sons.
However, responding to emails (or not responding) is the folly of many a start-up. I see a potential market for the steering and brakes but they don't appear interested in actually selling any.
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Jaunt is now in partnership to sell Mini conversions.

I was somewhat interested but with their previous lack of response to enquires.... The current offering means you need a British Mini from Mk3 onwards. Thus totally ignoring all Australian production.