LPG tank locations

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
jonnyboy

LPG tank locations

Post by jonnyboy »

I have a chance of a cheap LPG kit and was looking at my stage 1 today to work out some possible tank locations.

I could fit a tank or 2 in the back but not to keen on losing load space. Dont want to reduce ground clearance but was wondering about under the seats like 88" tanks.

Has anyone heard of this being done?

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

I had the 120 ltr tank on my stage 1 across the wheel arches in the back and it took up all the load space so I looked into replacing the fuel tank underneath with a round one and having a small reserve petrol tank put somewhere. Would have cost an absolute fortune, so then I looked into putting 2 50 ltr tanks under the seat box, and in hind site, I probably should have done that, but I ended up removing the second row seat and sticking the original tank in the footwell and making a plywood box to go over it. I have lost the rear passenger capability, but I haven't got any friends anyway! :lol:
I can still get good range on a run getting just over 300 miles from a tank full of LPG, and still have plenty of room in the back, and when I finaly get round to fitting the new side facing bench seats, will still be able to carry any passengers, if I ever find any friends!! :)
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

I had thought about mounting 1 each side on top of the wheelarches and boxing them in.

I will probably just stick one in the back to get it running on LPG and then work out where to put some tanks as I go on.

1 main thing stopping me at the moment is a serious lack of engine :D

Jon - M1CQO

My Website
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Just found this picture on the web:

Looks like the idea could be adapted.

Jon - M1CQO

My Website