Vacuum Diagram Anyone?

Technical questions and answers
arcticrover

Vacuum Diagram Anyone?

Post by arcticrover »

Hi all-

For anyone that has the strombergs I would appreciate some pictures or a vacuum digram, if handy. My strombergs are fully rebuilt and ready to go back onto the mainfold, but I have lost the pictures of what vacuum lines go where. I think they were wrong in the first place, which may have been a good deal of the problem. Thanks in advance.

-Bobby
primsil

Post by primsil »

If you go to LRO on the series three forum there is a download of the series parts manual. It has all that in there. I have it, but dont know how to get it from a pdf page to you.Handy to have the parts manual anyway, makes it much easier to understand than the repair manual when you can see where it all goes.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

The link on the LRO forum is to my website and I have just changed it so they wont work!

They are here:

http://emsrescue.ukhosting.org.uk/manuals.htm

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I've looked through it, but they really are just part numbers and pictures and not diagrams . . . I have looked through the whole series III parts manual. Any other ideas?
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Sorry best I can do I now have Su's on it
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I am curious where the line from the warm air diaphragm on the air intake goes to, mostly? I can't see where it terminates from those pictures . . .
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

IIRC it connects to the bottom of the airfilter box

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Jonnyboy-

Thanks. There is a port on the back of my air cleaner housing, so that may be it. It would seem asif I am the only one with a round (not oval) air cleaner housing. Maybe off of a RR? It's not in the parts catalog, that's for sure. One more question. With the top ports routed to the wing to dump fuel, and the vacuum advance routed to the dizzy, there is still one large tube sticking out of each carb. Should I cap these?

PS - Thanks for the control box John. With a little coaxing to disassemble by the dramel, paint stripping and some coats of engine paint it looks good as new. . .