Gathering of Stage One's

Arrange to meet up at shows, go laning etc.
Alicerover

Gathering of Stage One's

Post by Alicerover »

I was just wondering if anyone fancied having a 'get together' to show of our pride and joy's,swap notes and to generaly put a face to a name.
Perhaps at a central location at some form of eatery/pub.
Spen
wpalmo

Re: Gathering of Stage One's

Post by wpalmo »

Great idea! How does Dubai sound. Probably about as central as anywhere for the crew from Down Under. Should be able to get the Kiwi folk there too. Might need to do some preparation work to the Stagey before the trip as it is around 12 000 kms one way I think..

But seriously it is a good idea. I would love to meet all you guys if I was in the UK. Hopefully I will get across the Old Country one day and meet a few of you myself. Some photo's of the day posted on the forum would be nice though if it goes ahead.

Regards Warrick.
1981 Stage One V8 Truck Cab
2001 HSE 4.6 Range Rover
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

great idea,
I would be travelling from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. How about Coventry/Rugby area - Near M1/M6/A14 - central in the country.

or if somebody has some green lanes near them for a bit of a fun drive - there are a few in the Coventry area.

How about after easter in April?
FenTiger

Post by FenTiger »

I would be up for some of this! Overnighter would be good. Decent campsite, open fire and some lanes. Heaven!
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

Sounds good to me. I'm in favour of an overnighter as a central location is quite a drive from me :|
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
Alicerover

Post by Alicerover »

Ok. I will have a look for a suitable venue and go from there.
Spen
sebking

Post by sebking »

sounds good to me too!
1970 Spitfire MKIII
1981 Laser 1 88643
1982 Stage 1 v8 SW
1992 Laser 2 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton M3L
2010 VW California GP 140 SE
2010 Brompton M6L
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canoe
2010 Cube Ltd Pro
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

how about any of the shows that might be on this year? camping available
(shows l have been to over the last few years)
Stoneleigh nr Coventry, (closest for me :D )
Billing aquapark nr Northampton, (next closest for me :) )
East Midlands show at Peterborough,
Newark show
Eastnor Castle (l was asked to do a drive by in the show ring there last year but they stopped me due to the mud)

if an event holder knew that there could be a gathering of stage 1 (more chance of finding hens teeth or rocking horse poo) they might ask for a show drive - how cool would that be?

regards
Alicerover

Post by Alicerover »

Could you sus out some dates for these shows (I too would favour the Stonleigh Show :D )
Meeting up at a show could be very productive as I have a shopping list as long as my arm at the moment and before i buy, i need to have a look at some things before i buy :wink:
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

Sounds sensible to hook up with an existing show - saves the embarrassment if nobody turns up :lol:
Newark and Eastnor are too far for just a weekend for me but the others are fine although Billing is the closest followed by Peterborough. Billing however, being in August, might be difficult for me as the missus wants us to go away :|
FYI – I usually attend this http://www.dunsfoldcollection.co.uk/openweek.php and does anyone know if the Heritage/Lifestyle weekend is going ahead at Gaydon this year?
FenTiger

Post by FenTiger »

Dunsfold is 15th -16th June. I am sure that if you get in touch, they will supply some free passes with camping. Other LR clubs have been give some.

T
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

harry potter wrote:
Stoneleigh nr Coventry,

Billing July 26th (Fri) 28th (Sun) Billing Land Rover Fest Billing Aquadrome, Northamptonshire NN3 9DA
http://www.livepromotions.co.uk. Day tickets: 0844 873 7331. Camping: 01524 781453.

East Midlands show at Peterborough, September 7th (Sat) 8th (Sun) LRO Show Peterborough East of England Showground, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE2 6XE
http://www.livepromotions.co.uk. Day tickets: 0844 873 7331. Camping: 01775 768661.

Newark show

Eastnor Castle August 24th (Sat) 25th (Sun) Eastnor Land Rover Show Eastnor Castle, The Deer Park, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8 1RL
http://www.eastnorlandrovershow.com. The Best venue for a Land Rover show, club displays, trade stands, camping in the Deer Park, plus Land Rover Experience Off Road courses. Contact: 016974 51882

regards
dates taken from http://www.4x4calendar.co.uk/show.php?y=2013
nrv1

Post by nrv1 »

Yes great idea.I was going to suggest something similar but you beat me to it.
Having said that my ideal venue would be somewhat further south-around the Home Counties !
Dunsfold would be a good option- I know I could get 3 stage 1s there.Would camp over even though its only an hour away.
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

All being well I will be attending the Dunsfold Weekend but it is very low key compared to the big magazine run shows - but I like that :)

Billing is also possible if I'm not holidaying elsewhere at the time.
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

Fingers crossed l will be taking the landy to Billing show on sat 27th July.
Is anybody else planning on going to Billing (Northampton) next weekend?