Radiator

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.

Radiator

Post by 5988 »

Am looking for one again...the one i had and though was a stage 1 turns out to be a 110 V8 so the mounts are in the wrong place :cry:
could probably get it modified ...but better to get the propepr one than start chopping either the chassis and front pannel or a custom radiator
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

I have a feeling that a rad from a Leyland sherpa van are the same and a common replacement and also a fraction of the price.
Matt B

Post by 5988 »

Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

I've also heard that the Sherpa one fits but I can't can't confirm from personal experiences.

Below is a link to a rad supplier that shows a decent diagram of a Sherpa rad. Maybe see if you can compare the measurements of the fitting points etc.

http://www.carcooling.co.uk/products/Ra ... -2865.html

Good luck....
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
casamercedes

Post by casamercedes »

Hi,
I have just checked the measurments on a new one that I have and the centres of the bottom pegs are 72.5 cm centres and the top mounts are 56 cm centres, so it is different to the Sherpa one. Also if the 660-349-38 mm refers to length x height x thickness then it is totally wrong. The measurements on mine are 760-410-55 mm.
I have spare used one but it is in Spain at the moment.

Dave
2004 LDV Convoy Crew Cab 2.4 TD
2005 Zsara Picasso HDI (cheap to run)
casamercedes

Post by casamercedes »

Hi

Re my last post re sizes of Sherpa rad.

I have just realisied that the measurements that they give for the Sherpa on the link are for the CORE and not for the overall size of the rad including the side tanks. It therefore could be OK as long as the bottom pegs are moved and this would appear to be a relatively easy job for them if they are making one for you. Again same applies to the top mounts.
Also needs 2 rather than 1 take offs (for the header tank etc) on the top corner.

Dave
2004 LDV Convoy Crew Cab 2.4 TD
2005 Zsara Picasso HDI (cheap to run)