HELP

Technical questions and answers
timbo_w

HELP

Post by timbo_w »

I have now tried renewing the carb gaskets, checked all fuel lines, cleaned out carbs, checked ht leads and i am still having the following problems the engine starts and ticks over ok but as soon as i try to pull away or rev the engine it pops and coughs and cuts out, but will always start again and tick over until i rev it and it will do the same, please help i just want to drive it :twisted:
1982 109 V8 Pickup, a newby with a new project
Basil

Post by Basil »

Has the dizzy been out mate, last time i had this problem the timing was 180 degree out.
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
V8darren

Post by V8darren »

I had some thing similar it turned out to be the two pipes off the top of the carbs (Fuel overflow pipes) that go to the wing. They were blocked took off the pipes at the carb it was fine thats how I found it.
Worth a try.

or how about air filters blocked, condensor breaking down or coil breaking down. Also worth giving it a compression test you may have a burntout valve (I did).

Darren
You know your in heaven when the V8's a revin
timbo_w

Post by timbo_w »

Have replaced fuel pump and now it is running but again when under load it is popping and banging and notice vapour/smoke coming out breather on the right hand carb but the left seems to be fine
1982 109 V8 Pickup, a newby with a new project
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Have you done a compression test?

Smoke coming out of the breather says to me that something is getting out of the cylinders, either past the rings or through the valves.

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

worn or burnt valve?
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base