clutch master cylinder/Flexi pipe

Technical questions and answers

clutch master cylinder/Flexi pipe

Post by 5988 »

tried to fit the new one today, and the pipe to the slave doesnt fit, seems to be to big,
ive got a standard S3 cylinder (A stage 1 isnt different is it?)
it doesnt look like the pipe is a po bodge, its steel and fits the flexi, so if i put a new pipe on of a smaller diameter to fit the cylinder it wont fit the flexi....am i missing an apater between the pipe and cylinder or something

i didnt have a clutch pedal or cylinder before so have no idea what should be there other than the parts book

thanks

second question - anyone got a part no for the flexi pipe - id rater not re-use the old one and part book only lists 4 pot and 6pot (pg 132)
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

As far as I know the master cylinder is the same across all the Series models. After that everything becomes model specific.

You are probably missing this adapter 139082 – don’t forget the washer.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/li ... -PIPE.html

I can’t find a direct reference for the flexi pipe!

Good luck...
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)

Post by 5988 »

thanks....i dont have one of those
:shock: price....cylinder was cheaper than that... :wink:
doggreen10

flexi pipe clutch

Post by doggreen10 »

TRY LAND ROVER ORPHANGE ASK FOR RICHARD HE HAD 3 FLEXI PIPES 3 WEEKS AGO,. HAD SAME GO ON MY STAGE 1. HE ALLSO HAD THE SLAVE CYLINDERS ,HE HAS A EBAY SHOP WITH TELEPHONE No.I HAD TO MAKE NEW STEEL PIPE FROM FLEXI TO SLAVE IF YOU USE A SMALLER STEEL PIPE THE THE SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK RIGHT :!: IT TOOK ME A WEEK TO GET IT RIGHT JUST LOOKED UP No 01249 444450
DAVE