Breather pipers running off the carb

Technical questions and answers
billingtond

Breather pipers running off the carb

Post by billingtond »

Hi I have two breather pipes running of each carb, or are they breathers they seem to be on the air inlet side. Question is do they suck air, if so should there be a in line filter, as mine have two rubber pipes running to the driver's wing, which are then conected to to steel pipes runung do the in side of the wheel arch, I cannot see any in line filters. Thanks Dave
olliebarrett_92

Post by olliebarrett_92 »

Hi,
Im pretty sure that they are overflow pipes. Do you have zenith/stromberg carbs?
Now on the road, and loving it!!!! =)
billingtond

Post by billingtond »

Hi, Strom carbs

Thanks for the help
Bsfaxle

Carbies

Post by Bsfaxle »

If you have the CD175 Stromies the breather pipes that you may be talking about (3/8" / 10mm dia approx. Butterfly upstream side ) are the fuel bowl chamber vents. Originally they ran to the emissions charcoal canister in the front , terminal "C". I've seen them rerouted to the air cleaner. A fitting is already there 3/8 " and some to atmosphere as yours seem to be. Obviously their job is to breathe (in and out) for admission and removal of fuel from the chambers in accordance to engine supply and demand
billingtond

Post by billingtond »

Thanks, for the heads up
Bsfaxle

Carbie pipes

Post by Bsfaxle »

I read my previous post the other day and it seemed like a whole lot of gooblydegook ! What I was trying to say in simple English is that the
pipes before the butterfly(s) are float chamber breathers. Cheers Ron