For sale, lumenition leads

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
mattv8

For sale, lumenition leads

Post by mattv8 »

set of lumenition electronic leads, in good order, just put on set of mallory leads so on longer required..
why do we do it to our selves!!!
flyingkipper

Post by flyingkipper »

how much do you want for 'em?
mattv8

Post by mattv8 »

not sure really make me an offer... :D
flyingkipper

Post by flyingkipper »

wots the spec exactly? what is the significance of the term "electronic"?

Mine has a Mallory dual point dizzy and jazzy chrome coil, plus it currently has a mongrel set of various different coloured leads. I want to replace the leads with something a bit better so I can eliminate them from the investigation into it's current spit/fart running style!
mattv8

Post by mattv8 »

you would be a lot better going to real steel & getting a proper mallory set of leads, the leads can vary for diff distributors, youd be better off using the correct type for you distributor, they would cost you around £30 or so, give them a try they are very good..
flyingkipper

Post by flyingkipper »

been distracted from Landrovering for a few weeks, but am sorting out my serious misfire prob.....
very gracious of you to recommend not buying your leads!, I have now got some Blue Magnecors, which have made a big difference - although there is still a misfire.
Noel.
mattv8

Post by mattv8 »

best thing to try is a switched live from the batterie to the coil live, you will have to switch it off to stop the engine, plus dont leave it on if your working on the engine, (coil will over heat) this will cure it if its a wiring prob, if it dose not sort it then you distributor needs a revamp...
flyingkipper

Post by flyingkipper »

I had problems with the ballast resistor last winter, and replaced it with a makeshift resistor pack I made up from some big wirewounds I soldered together (looked cack, worked ok though!)

With the magencors that went on this week I also fitted a new plugs, condenser, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil and a proper ballast resistor. I also tidied up the wiring between the loom/coil/resistor/dizzy with freshly crimped connectors.

This has made a massive difference to cold starting (very easy now) - but I am going to start a thread in the technical discussion section, as I have still got a misfire at higher speeds and loads, and had a play at the weekend and found some strange stuff going on with the carbs.

Noel.