Stage 1 Lineup

Arrange to meet up at shows, go laning etc.
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Primsil-

I am still in debate. How easy (or difficult) are you expecting the chassis swap to be? I have the opportunity, but dont want to spend 2000GBP on a 110 rolling chassis then have to spend another pile of money getting it to fit right. . . .

On the same note, been to your parts pile lately to check up on the spare 109 chassis?
primsil

Post by primsil »

Mostly my stage 1 is in parts anyway, so it is just a matter of building it on the other chassis. The main difference being in the steering column, but since I had intended to use the disco/rr ps anyway, it saves me modifying the chassis for that. I was going to galv the chassis also, and I am using a ZF auto with lt230 so it wont make much difference to me. The money I have saved on parabolix I have used to buy the chassis, all the disco running gear I had anyway.

I havent got down there yet, the weather did a bad turn so didnt want to be moving all my stuff in the rain. Will be definitely going next week, back about thurs.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
Ginga

Post by Ginga »

primsil wrote:I am hoping to be there myself
From New Zealand ?
Theres always a way !
primsil

Post by primsil »

Ginga wrote:
primsil wrote:I am hoping to be there myself
From New Zealand ?
Hopefully. I am actually thinking of moving back to the UK for a while, need to finish this truck first though.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
Ginga

Post by Ginga »

primsil wrote:Hopefully. I am actually thinking of moving back to the UK for a while, need to finish this truck first though.
Whats the max weight limit you can bring back. :D

I need a new front grill
Theres always a way !
primsil

Post by primsil »

Is there a weight limit on a 20' container? I would probably get the truck shipped in a container, unless I make a fortune this year and can afford to drive it, but I doubt that. I have sold the grilles I had but am trying to get any others I can find. Waiting for the army auction, as I expect some of those will be wrecked.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Is there a weight limit on a 20' container? I would probably get the truck shipped in a container, unless I make a fortune this year and can afford to drive it
Drive it? How much does an amphibious conversion cost? :wink:
Ginga

Post by Ginga »

he he LOL
Theres always a way !
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

So, do you think we could get a run around the ring?

Its looking like I will be keeping my stage 1 for a while (I was planning on floggin it as soon as it got an MOT) and always go to billing so it would be cool to show off :D

What would we call ourselves, stage 1 V8 register?

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

Think of the fuel used during 2 laps of the ring!
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

count me in.
wont be making it this year in mine but WILL DEFINATLY have it up and running for next year.

l believe that another forum is trying to orgainse a convoy from billing to the landrover plant in solihull near coventry. the plan is to get at least one car from each year of manufracture and class in line, think how good that will be.
dougmilns

Count me in

Post by dougmilns »

Deffinitely up for that. - better get a tanker in if we are going to do laps of the ring with a line up of stage 1s tho :)