Aussie newbie

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
pete

Aussie newbie

Post by pete »

This is the best site I have seen so far,I have just brought a stage1 ute the body isn't to bad it still has the 3.5 but is running a holley it has a PTO whinch dual fuel tanks and stock wheels.I would like to upgrade all the wiring eg led and halogen lights convert to dual fuel ,defender or county doors parabolic springs and aftermarket wheels although I have heard conflicting info on these.I would be most grateful for any ideas or suggestions and if any other aussie or kiwi members know of any place I can get some parts I would definitely appreciate it.
Thanks Pete
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Welcome to the forum!
Well, where do I start! I've got mine running soley on LPG with a 12:1 compression ratio to try and get the best economy possible. Hoever to do that job properly you are going to need to be willing to open up the engine and change somethings and get some machining done.

I've upgraded all six lights to HIDs. They are definitely the way to go, they are durable and consume only a small amount of power, all six lights on it only consumes 210 watts.

I just changed the springs and shocks on mine, I was solidly looking into parabolics for quite some time, however I never did find anywhere that would do them for a decent enough price. So I went for a light duty 2" lifted spring set with some larger shocks. Not a big difference on road but off road it is much much softer.

I also changed the doors to county doors on mine, if you keep your eyes open for cars that are wrecking, you can get some really cheaply. I picked up two for $600, wreckers usually sell them for $1000 each so you can get some good deals.

Take a look at my post in this section and you can see what I've done and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi Pete
Welcome to the Forum. I have a stock V8 Hi Cap. I would like to do lots to it but its a rare beast and should really keep it original.I have a set of Paras with extra leafs on the rear. When shes full of wood shes down on the stops. Might fit them some time soon.Here she is. Post a piccy of yours. Stirling, your vids are good.
[/img]Image
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Cheers Tel,
I get back home this wednesday for 3 weeks. And there is a trip to LandCruiser 4wd park on the cards so hopefully will be able to get some more footage :D. I agree with the cars being rare... but i couldn't resist... it's my first car and I want to see what I can do with it. I'm keen to see a pic of yours pete, and where abouts in australia are you based?
pete

Post by pete »

Sorry haven't got any pics as yet ,it is still at my mechanics getting a blue slip I told him not to rush and he sure isn't! As soon as I get a chance I will be posting some.I am in the same boat as you I know they are a classic but I want to set mine up for comfort as well. I am in sydney and I have a little cottage up on the central coast right were it flooded the other week,Iam still cleaning it up.I saw your post about HID lighting on another site and have checked them out very interesting.
pete

Post by pete »

Sorry haven't got any pics as yet ,it is still at my mechanics getting a blue slip I told him not to rush and he sure isn't! As soon as I get a chance I will be posting some.I am in the same boat as you I know they are a classic but I want to set mine up for comfort as well. I am in sydney and I have a little cottage up on the central coast right were it flooded the other week,Iam still cleaning it up.I saw your post about HID lighting on another site and have checked them out very interesting.