Very cheap Stage one on ebay

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Unfortunately it's a bit too far for me to collect, but maybe one you guys in the UK can make use of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0095444223

Regards,

Hanno
Willy Eckerslyke

Re: Very cheap Stage one on ebay

Post by Willy Eckerslyke »

[quote="Jambo"]Unfortunately it's a bit too far for me to collect, but maybe one you guys in the UK can make use of this one:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0095444223[/url]

I just bought it! Now need to decide whether to do it up or break it for parts. Haven't had time to look it over properly yet - or to get the engine running, but the chassis looks pretty rusty, as expected. I'll take loads of photos over the next weekend and put them on a website. Then I'll be asking for advice...

Cheers, Willy.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Congratulations!

At least you got it quite cheaply. :)
Good luck and let us know if you can 'save' this one.
Hanno
Willy Eckerslyke

Post by Willy Eckerslyke »

[quote="Jambo"]Congratulations!

At least you got it quite cheaply. :)
Good luck and let us know if you can 'save' this one.
Hanno[/quote]

Thanks.
Well I had a bit of a fiddle with it yesterday. Its starter motor had died, which must have been the reason it had stopped being used. Luckily I had a spare in the garage from an old Range Rover, so fitted that. (Not much access room, is there!) It then fired up and sounded wonderful for a few seconds until the petrol I was feeding it from an old lawn mower tank ran out. I hadn't wanted to risk the Land Rover's own fuel tank in case it leaked.
When I refilled the lawn mower tank, it immediately emptied as the fuel all drained through to the main tank along the fuel return pipe. The main tank doesn't appear to leak, so I'll put a gallon of petrol in and try again this evening.

The chassis is the biggest problem - no surprise there - needing at least one outrigger, the rear cross member and the front dumb irons replacing or repairing. I'm going to have to decide whether this is worth doing or whether it's better stripped for spares. No hurry though, if it runs reliably, I'll keep it for a few months to use for moving my trailer around on my drive, etc. I'm currently using a Perkins 4203 engined Series 3 for these duties, but want to start work on that one, making it road legal...