Stage 1 V8 almost rebuild project

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Pugwash

Stage 1 V8 almost rebuild project

Post by Pugwash »

My apologies that this is my very first post on here- i hope it's not too spammy but i thought someone might find it of interest.

It is with great regret and a lot of sadness that I have decided to sell my almot rebuilt Stage 1 V8. I am going to lose the area where it is stored in the next few months and I just do not have the time to finish it before i have to move it. I am asking £1800ono for the whole lot

History:

Been in two families since new, originally purchased for caravan towing duties. Been in my family for past 8 years, when it was laid up for a couple of years with a dodgy transfer box. Instead of replacing just the Gearbox I decided to rebuild the whole vehicle! It had done only 46,000 miles before the ground up rebuild and drove very well. The work I have done so far has been carried out very sympathetically with a view to returning the vehicle to excellent condition, or maybe making it a concourse winner!

Unfortunately I just cannot find the time to finish it at the moment and instead of languishing in storage I am going to sell it on. There is very very little work which needs doing to finish it- basically just needs bolting together. The brakes need finishing off, with a new servo, and both clutch cylinders need replacing I believe (the master was fine last time the car was running, but as I matter of course I would replace this as you have good access to it). New fuel lines need to be run, and the fuel pump plumbed in, as well as some electrickery that needs doing. That would be most of the major work complete then.

Only welding that needs doing is to the seat box where the batteries go- I have cut out the crappy bits of metal and it just needs a new plate welding on to hold the batteries.

With just a few hours putting in this vehicle would be in extremely good condition. With a few more hours and some attention to detail I believe you could end up with a concourse motor in totally original and unchanged shape.

Current state:

Rolling chassis- parts fitted:
Engine, Gearbox, Axles and fuel tank
Bulkhead, Rear Tub, Doors (excluding rear door)
Some eletrics

The amount I have spent so far on this vehicle is silly:

Brand New parts:

3.5 RPI V8 short block
Springs Al round
Shocks all round
U Bolts and nuts all round
Brake Shoes all round
Rear drums
Slave cylinders all round
Brand New doors all round
Window gutters
Re-cored and tested Stage 1 Radiator
Brake line (coils of- not fitted)
New TREs all round
New rear lights
Fuel Pump
Fuel Tank
Original Parts Coil
Original parts Cap, Arm and Leads
Original Water Pump
Borg and Beck Clutch with Thrust bearing- properly fitted with correct tools.
Door Seals to be fitted

Refurbed/ Replacement with VGC parts

Front and rear cross members replaced
LT95 box- v low mileage replacement unit- drained and re-filled with Difflock Trojan
Front Double Cardan Prop (with original as spare)
Very low mileage LWB rims
Repainted body shell
Replacement front grill
Reconditioned Carbs
Engine Serviced
Distributor

Repaired:

Welding to corners of bulkhead- now rust free- some filler to be ground down and painted
Both Footwells replaced
Body painted inside and out in land rover blue
Doors painted

Other parts:

Axles in Very good condition with very slight pitting to one of the balls- they are of course very low mileage
Original Stage 1 Bonnet in extremely good condition as are the wings.
Seats need a clean but are undamaged and in good condition.
Original safari roof is in good condition- needs the window runners replacing and the vents could do with a cosmetic tidy, but is in generally very good condition

As I hope you can see I have lavished this project with much care and attention. I believe I am asking for a very fair price- I would like to see the vehicle go to an enthusiast who will cherish it as much as it was loved by my family.
herb220

Post by herb220 »

Is the vehicle still available? I would be grateful if you could call me on 07789508203.

Thank you

Herb