Original airbox and fittings.....

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
CreamS1V8

Original airbox and fittings.....

Post by CreamS1V8 »

Does anyone have an original airbox and attachment fittings knocking around?

I got rid of mine before realising I had to keep it all original for shipping to the USA.....

Thanks,
David
map1275

Re: Original airbox and fittings.....

Post by map1275 »

Standard (Range-Rover) or adverse conditions?
CreamS1V8

Post by CreamS1V8 »

Either the standard Stage 1 airbox or the RR airbox assembly will do.... would prefer the Stage 1 as that's completely original but the RR one would work as well....
Attachments
Range-Rover-Classic-4.jpg
Range-Rover-Classic-4.jpg (92.52 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
Standard Stage 1.jpg
Standard Stage 1.jpg (41.43 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
firemanshort

Post by firemanshort »

For a reference... this is what the air cleaner / filter assembly looked like on my Stage One when I imported it from Wales/UK to USA in 2006. It was missing some of the little rubber feet that secure it to the top of the engine. That is why it is a little "off" in its alignment and sits a bit wonky.
1980 Land Rover Series III 109 V8 3.5L Engine
1980 Land Rover Series III 109 V8 3.5L Engine
Capture.JPG (214.88 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
CreamS1V8

Post by CreamS1V8 »

Gotcha.... well that's good to know that there were a number of standard air boxes fitted to the engines then...

How did you find the import process? And which company did you use to transport it across? RoRo or container?

It's pretty much clean underneath now, and most of the oil drips have been sorted, the only thing I'm not sure about is whether I have to get the headlamps swapped over to LHD units so that they dip the correct way before I get it shipped over - or will that not be a problem?
firemanshort

Post by firemanshort »

I imported my truck from the UK to the USA. I had a local shop in the UK help me on that end and I handled stuff myself on my end. I used the Land Rover Centre at Huddersfield because they had a good reputation and the shop was close to my wife's parents house in the UK and made it easy to visit the shop when we visited England.

Most truck imports just use RORO services. Containers are reserved for truck shipments that contain a lot of parts, multi-truck shipments, or high value vehicles.

If you are looking for help importing then I highly recommend using Doug at Dividing Creek Imports. (http://www.dividingcreekimports.com/) Doug moves a lot of Birmabrite across the oceans. He just helped my club with the import of "Oxford" and that import took some extra doing with the paperwork since we do not own the truck. (More about "Oxford" = https://www.roav.org/oxford-to-america) If you reach out to Doug you can tell him that Firemanshort sent you.
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
CreamS1V8

Post by CreamS1V8 »

That's good to know, thanks for the info. Yes, I was thinking RoRo too, containers are expensive and don't really make sense unless you've got at least a couple of vehicles to put in one container.

Once we're over will let you all know how it went!
Finn1

Post by Finn1 »

I've got these for sale:

Image2020-09-19 14.12.54 by Finn Gheury, on Flickr

Image2020-09-19 14.13.02 by Finn Gheury, on Flickr

Image2020-09-19 14.12.54 by Finn Gheury, on Flickr

Image2020-09-19 14.12.52 by Finn Gheury, on Flickr