Heater valve

Technical questions and answers
foggydave

Heater valve

Post by foggydave »

Ref the heater valve, thats the one that sits behind the inlet manifold that the heater wire operates with the 2 hoses in and out that lead to the heater matrix. Is this common to other models or just the Stage 1 as mine has burst and I need a replacement.
Thanks
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

I think its unique to stage 1's. If I remeber correctly (and someone please prove me wrong) on all other landrovers that had a V8 the heat is controled from the actual heater rather than from stopping hot water flowing through it.

When I put a 2.5 sherpa engine in my 88" I didnt fit the heater valve to it and my heater is permently connected. As it only blows hot air when I turn the fan on its fine for me.

Jon

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I finally understand how where my heater cable was supposed to go . . . mine rusted off some time ago . . .
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

I have just had a quick flick though my parts catalogue and cant find any reference to it :?

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I think the engineers just left some things out . . . OK if you have other Stage1s to reference . . . not OK when you have the only one for an 800 mile radius . . .
onno wielinga

Post by onno wielinga »

it is unique
Stageone

Post by Stageone »

Like Onno said, it is unique, however it is easily replaced by any other type of heater valve that is mounted on a bracket and cable-operated. I got a new heater valve for a volvo 240 for about 10 euro's two years ago.
Haven't fitted it yet, though ...

Marijn
Marijn
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

Would I be right in saying that when the valve is turned off so that water cannot get to the heater matrix the flow is diverted back through the inlet manifold thereby giving a flow and cooling the manifold. So I need a sort of 2 way valve ????? so as it shuts off it diverts the water back.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I understand what I am saying------- I think!!!
cat3412

Heater Valve

Post by cat3412 »

Foggy dave,
I have a spare one of these beasts under my bench, I do not know what the internal condition is like, However I do know that they can be stripped, so if needed parts could be made.

Regards Cat3412 Cornwall