East Cornwall stage 1

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
cat3412

East Cornwall stage 1

Post by cat3412 »

Gents,
After some conssiderable time trying to logon to this site, I have finaly managed it. I am the owner of the stage 1 station wagon in grey that was reciently bought from Ebay. Pretty much a standard machine except the wiring has been severly got at and the engine had been changed at some stage for a 3.5 V8 with the following stamping on the block 101 and the following numbers on a brass plate stuck to the front of the clutch housing RTC 2707 / R
DAA/B101/5B

I would be interested if anybody can throw any light on this number Ex military ??
Just after I got the machine home with the engine ticking over, it broke a push rod, upon stripping the engine crank & bearings were shot so I bought a replacement engine and gearbox from Terry at Polkeris. Engine is now in the machine and running well. All brakes have been serviced / replaced so outwith the mig this weekend to patch thge chassis Photos to follow

Phill (Cat3412)
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Welcome to the club. I don't know about the engine number, but I'm excited to find out. I think it's great the way all of our Stage 1s have such unique attributes. . .
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

Hi Phil
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get as much pleasure out of your stage 1 as everyone else on here does.
Regards Huzey.
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Phill
Sorted out the forum then. Huzey,how are you?Phill, glad to hear the engine is OK.You'll be able to bring her down to show me soon at the rate your going. Pick up your bonnet as well.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County