** STOLEN ** Stage One SW

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Zirynx

** STOLEN ** Stage One SW

Post by Zirynx »

Admins, please advise if not permitted and remove if strictly necessary.

Otherwise, please all be aware of a Stage One SW that has been reported as stolen from the West London area...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 479&type=3

I would hate for this to surface as parts :(

Thanks.
harry potter

Re: ** STOLEN ** Stage One SW

Post by harry potter »

Link not working to fb.
Any details that you could pass on
Zirynx

Post by Zirynx »

Strange... just checked the link in the above post and it seems to work fine for me. It's a FB group so it may be a permissions issue, but I believe it's a public group.

Regardless, here's a link to the FB page of the original person that posted in the FB group - a member of the family that has lost the vehicle...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 681&type=3

In case that doesn't work either, the key details are:

1976 Stage One V8 SW
Blue with black roof and black wheels which look like modulars - wheels not my cup of tea!
VRM = RHP 175R

Apparently it's a prototype, claimed to be number 2 of 12; so it's of particular interest to this group.

I'll now attempt to post an IMG link to a FB photo...

Thanks.
Last edited by Zirynx on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

I'm always trawling ebay for spares so I'll keep an eye out for this one. I doubt the thieves realised how special it was - probably thought it was just another defender... :roll: :evil: Very sorry to hear about it, the owner must be quite distressed
Zirynx

Post by Zirynx »

Apparently owned by the father of the FB poster for 25 years; so yes, probably quite distressed. I do hope it's found and returned.

Thanks.
quilp

Post by quilp »

will keep eyes peeled up here. theyve started stealing discos now round here. anything with nice bits on. scum.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

VIN, engine and chassis numbers? Could be useful for anyone looking up your way.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Now on eBay. Is hpi clean - no stolen tag on it
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Link?
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

'Looks' like a bargain, especially if it is a prototype. Did the owner not want it back? Does he know?? I'm not on FB but maybe someone who is can contact Giles Mahoney and check?
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
gcbmahoney

Post by gcbmahoney »

Hello all,

I was made aware of this advert last night and immediately showed my father.

After much consideration he has decided not to attempt buying it back, his reasons are various:
-He feels he is getting a bit old to be rolling around under motors.
-His newly acquired replacement discovery 4L V8 is like a spaceship in comparison, he and my mother very much enjoy the ride, the quiet, the radio etc...
-He doesn't want to have two vehicles he has to choose between on each occasion.
-The idiotic salvage people have torn off the steering column cowling, broken the indicator stalk and messed about with the wiring to start it, (it would've started with anything put into the ignition... Hence the original theft).
-The insurance company had the full set of keys but flogged the motor to the salvage firm without them for some inexplicable reason.

After this decision I suggested referring the advert to this forum and others like it in a hope of attracting a Stage One enthusiast to buy it and love it like he did.

It is (as far as we know) absolutely a genuine Stage One V8 but no one appears to realise due to the VIN being destroyed by welding and the LR2 engine being replaced before my dad bought it in 1992.

My dad really did bring it up to its best condition I can remember in the years since his retirement. Sitting around for a year may mean it needs a little care but it really is a fine motor.

My father said he would be happy to talk on the phone with anyone interested in proper information about RHP 175R and nothing would make him happier about all this than if someone like one of you or someone you guys know snapping it up.

Contact me to obtain his number: gcb.mahoney@gmail.com

Best regards and spread the word to fellow enthusiasts!

Giles Mahoney
gcbmahoney

Post by gcbmahoney »

A little more info...

The motor was recognised by someone who saw my original photo in Harrow months after it was stolen.

By this point my dad had taken the insurance money and bought a second hand discovery.

Impounded, taken by insurance company, flogged to salvage company, now on eBay.

Real shame about the keys vanishing and the subsequent pointless dashboard vandalism...
Adie

Post by Adie »

How awful, to not only lose your cherished motor, but to then see it on ebay! I appreciate the owner has been paid by the insurance company, so they now own it......but still bloody heartbreaking!
1979 88" Series 3 Diesel (Daily Driver)
1982 109" Stage 1 V8 County Station Wagon
Rocky80inch

Post by Rocky80inch »

It's safe and well and I'll be getting it back on the road later this year. It will turn 40 in December so I'll appreciate the free tax! I'm delighted to have saved this piece of Land Rover history. It will appear in Classic Land Rover magazine in due course.
I'd love to speak to Christopher Mahony about it, I emailed Giles but not had a reply yet.
Cheers
Emrys