Lumenition power module

Technical questions and answers
foggydave

Lumenition power module

Post by foggydave »

Hi
Whilst welding the downpipes on my exhaust the rod touched the ignition power module/big spark/will not start.

So I think I need a new module the question is, is there just one module that covers all engines or is each module different for each engine, ie can I just buy one off Ebay or scrappy.

Thanks Dave
primsil

Post by primsil »

Im pretty sure there is only one module but different fitting kits. I have a module here as the chopper wheel has lost a tooth. I will look for it tomorrow, if you are interested make an offer.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

Ok

I will start at £10 and lets go from there. If you don't start telling me about how you have to feed your 15 kids and 1 grandma.I won't go on about how all my money goes to charity so I have very little to spend.

Dave
primsil

Post by primsil »

My grans are dead, my 'kids' are two st Bernards, one 95kg and the other 65kg, who only eat steak and sausages off the barbeque and are fattening up ready for winter :roll: And it looks like I will be spending a bit more time finding it as it wasnt in the front 10 boxes.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

Mmmmmmmm 95Kg and 65Kg and you are still fattening them up. I would have thought they were big enough already.
I do appreciate your looking for the module but I notice you are in New Zealand, isnt that a bit far to send things ( maybe not)
At this time i have bid on one on Ebay but lets see how it goes.

Do you work your dogs or are they just greedy.

Regards Dave
primsil

Post by primsil »

Actually they dont eat much for their size, they dont work but do enjoy a bit of excercise. They eat a bit more before winter than they do in summer, a natural response to build body fat for the cold season.
See how you get on with your bid, I have no problem mailing parts, I have some cvs to send soon, and have sent swivel balls and grilles to the UK, with your exchange rate the costs are quite reasonable, pity it doesnt work the same for me to buy over there.
Cheers
Paul.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

There are 2 on at the moment
1 finishes 16 April
1 finishes in 4 days

Should I not win one they will at least give a fair idea of the price to offer.

I do not know much about New Zealand only that the climate is supposed to be about the same as ours and that you are no where near as crowded as we are. One of the drivers I work with is a New Zealander nickname Skippy and he speaks of the old country with a far away look in his eye.

How did a Stage1 end up all the way down there.
Speak to you soon
Regards Dave
primsil

Post by primsil »

our army had nearly 500 of them, the last 100 are going to auction in a month. There are a few civvys around also.
I was born in Rochester, but was only 4 when we left for Aus, then came to NZ. The biggest differences are the lack of bricks :wink: , and the wide open spaces. I seem to remember the UK was not much bigger but we only have 5 million people in the whole country.
1985 110, 3.9 auto