Pictures from Woburn woods.

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Matt Braddish

Pictures from Woburn woods.

Post by Matt Braddish »

Hi,

Hopefully if my limited (very) IT skills have worked, you should be able to see some pics of my stage 1. I have just changed the seatbelts to inertia types and we took it for a blast through the woods.
I have yet to change the doors as they look fine from the outside, but the frames are totally rotten. Hopefully the paint will arrive this week from 'the paintman' and I can get them sprayed up and put on.

Image[/img]
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img83/1000640hc1.jpg/1/]
Matt B
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

i like the look of that nudge bar makes it look a bit "Modern" your last photo didnt come through to well
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
sebking

lookin' good

Post by sebking »

if you are planning a trip Didcot way you should pop in!
1970 Spitfire MKIII
1981 Laser 1 88643
1982 Stage 1 v8 SW
1992 Laser 2 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton M3L
2010 VW California GP 140 SE
2010 Brompton M6L
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canoe
2010 Cube Ltd Pro
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

That reg number made me sit up sharply. I was sure I had seen it before... sadly not quite, but GOX 550W (also white, but a hard top, in Police livery) appears in the 1982 Land Rover Series range brochure. Another white Police hard top, SNX 568X, features on the front cover of the brochure. NX is a Warwickshire plate, OX is Birmingham, so I suspect all three, yours and the two brochure vehicles were West Midlands Police vehicles, and that yours started life as a hard top. Looks as though yours has a hole in the top of the front bumper above the letter 'O' - that is where the siren was mounted on the two brochure vehicles.

Richard
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

Richard,

That is very interesting, the pick up top has certainly been added at some point as there is evidence of a lower hinge having been in place on the offside rear wing. There are also two holes on top of the bumper, I thought they might have been some holes for additional driving lights, but I suspect you are right with your thoughts, as there are a few grommets in places where switches have been removed. Do you have a picture of GOX 550W that you could post up or email to me?

Thanks for your reply,

Matt.
Matt B
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

Matt Braddish wrote:Richard,
Do you have a picture of GOX 550W that you could post up or email to me?

Thanks for your reply,

Matt.
Sorry, my scanner is not working at the moment. There is a very good site which has lots of Land Rover brochures including the one I have, but the page with GOX on it has not been included. But it is only a very small head-on shot in the brouchure anyway. The other Police vehicle, SNX, is at the bottom of the first page:

http://www.landrover.vlothuizen.nl/show ... 022-1.html

Richard