Introduction

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos

Introduction

Post by Guest »

It's good to see a new forum being set up, especially since Annette has been having problems keeping her www.landroverclub.net up to date. Just thought that I'd introduce myself. Name is Mark and I think that I've got the earliest surviving RHD Stage One with chassis number LBCAV1AA111641.

It's a truck cab model from 1980 that was used by Land Rover in Solihull as a demonstrator. It's original colour was, and still is, Marine Blue rather than the more brighter and lurid shades of the production models. After 12 months the factory sold it to a garage owner in the north of England who converted it into a recovery vehicle. After owning it for 22 years he then sold it to me with 46,000 on the clock and with almost no rust having been repeatedly waxoyled from new. It's in great condition and will hopefully last for a good many years.

Anyone else out there know of an earlier model?
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi Mark
Got any piccys.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Not yet. Never quite figured out how to upload. Computers are not my speciality!
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I think there are other older ones than mine, but mine is older than yours. My RHD is LBCMH1AA101612 . . . would be funny if the oldest RHD Stage 1 was in the US! Take care all. It's really good to see a growing community for our unique vehicle!