New owner from Glasgow, Hello! pics and questions

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
d14vd_h

New owner from Glasgow, Hello! pics and questions

Post by d14vd_h »

HI GUYS!
ive recently acquired a series 3 stage 1 V8
ive included some pics

it has been nicknamed jimmy by all that come in contact with it, and suits its scottish roots,

unfortunatley my refurbishment wil have to be delayed until i finish my studies at the end of this month,

im excited to see there is a stage 1 forum and hope to be actively involved,
im alos looking for a good general uk based land rover froum if anyone has any suggestions..

ive made some cosmetic changes, the bull bar has since been removed and the grille painted zinc to match the light guards giving the face a much cleaner look,
i have fitted a complete set of rear mats, and stuck on some stickers, such as the fairey overdrive decal etc...

im working out all the niggles with the car over the summer and in the next few years hope to create a competent comfortable vehicle for road trips, bike / surf / snowboard / camping trips through britain and beyond...

within the year i hope to fit a power steering pump and chunkier wheels, tho they will need to be red as it is a trademark....

imediate issues i need help with are,
- where can i source paint? i need to paint a few areas green and dont know where to source it...

- my drivers lock is impossible to operate does anyone have any advice...

here are the pics updtaed ones with the current look to follow soon

Tattiebogle

Post by Tattiebogle »

Neat truck there M8...I,m sure ive seen it before somewhere..
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

nice looking wagon, just one request, can u change the colour of the wheels??
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
stephen

Post by stephen »

Looks good but to keep scottish theme maybe TARTAN
rims not red
disco2hse

Re: New owner from Glasgow, Hello! pics and questions

Post by disco2hse »

Great looking machine there.
d14vd_h wrote:im excited to see there is a stage 1 forum and hope to be actively involved, im alos looking for a good general uk based land rover froum if anyone has any suggestions..
http://lr4x4.com
d14vd_h wrote:im working out all the niggles with the car over the summer and in the next few years hope to create a competent comfortable vehicle for road trips, bike / surf / snowboard / camping trips through britain and beyond...
So you'd probably want to get parabolic springs then too.
d14vd_h wrote:within the year i hope to fit a power steering pump and chunkier wheels, tho they will need to be red as it is a trademark....
Power steeringhmmmmm.

I wouldn't be too quick to put chunkier tyres on myself. I like the rubber you have on there now.
d14vd_h wrote:imediate issues i need help with are,
- where can i source paint? i need to paint a few areas green and dont know where to source it...
Take off a piece that has the right colour on it. Take it to any motor vehicle paint supplier and they will match it. That is a better way than trying to match colour codes since what is green now won't be the same green it was when the car was built.
d14vd_h wrote:- my drivers lock is impossible to operate does anyone have any advice...
Take it off ;)

I have no locks on mine, just the holes and mechanism inside it. Fools crooks because they can't figure it out :D
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5