Yet Another Australian!

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Davo

Yet Another Australian!

Post by Davo »

Hi everyone. My name is Dave, (or Davo), and I'm in the Kimberley in Western Australia. My Landie is currently a SIIA with the old 2.25 petrol and 4-speed crashbox with Roverdrive. I'll be converting it into pretty-much a Stage I spec over the next several months. So it won't be a REAL Stage I . . . but close, at least.

I'd love a real Stage I - but I can't find one and I can't afford one anyway!!!
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Hi Davo,
It would be interesting if you took photos of the progress and posted them up for us to see.
Stirling
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like an interesting project you've got going there. Post up some pics, and we can do our best to help you through the treacherous morass that is Landrover ownership!
Davo

Post by Davo »

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I hadn't thought about taking any pictures but that's a good idea and I'll try and do it. It might make those of you who bought your Stage I already assembled pretty thankful!
the treacherous morass that is Landrover ownership
I'm well familiar with that . . . coming up to 18 years!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Didn't realise you'd had a Landy before - the first Landrover I ever bought was a 1979 Rangie. It was gorgeous, and I loved it, but it failed its MoT (our annual roadworthiness test) on items that would need 1000£'s worth of work; the really depressing thing was that the garage hadn't picked up on the fact that you could poke a hole in the rear crossmember. You'd think that would put me off Landrovers, wouldn't you? :D
Davo

Post by Davo »

For a normal person, yes, that would put you off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've actually got two Range Rovers at the moment that I'm stripping for parts. I was going to rebuild the '79 2-door, but it's just too complicated for the carport I'm working in. All those plastic bits and things stuck under the dash! At least with a SIII, (or a SIIA, as mine is), that's all easy enough to get to!
diggerbrown

Davo's big project

Post by diggerbrown »

Davo' you've bitten off alot to chew through mate! If you want to do it the easy way I've got a '81 stage 1 on gas for sale in Perth. Bit of a distance up there but. :lol:diggerbrown
landdani

Post by landdani »

Hello davo. were is the car photos? What progres? any 4x4 photos?
wonderful sport!
1984 SeriesIII ex-melitary, 109 inch, V8 stage one
agrojnr

Post by agrojnr »

Welcome Davo I was wondering when you come 8)

Adam
One Life Live It
1982 Stage 1 V8 wgn