Another Aussie to the fold....

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
_LR V8_

Another Aussie to the fold....

Post by _LR V8_ »

Hi everyone,

Just got my stage 1 last weekend... not much to say about her just yet.... she's white, 4 door and I think the leads to the battery are the wrong way around lol....

I'm from Canberra so have plenty of places nearby to test things out once I get going...

Also bought my son a S2A SWB.... might as well start him early :twisted:

Cheers

Pete
Last edited by _LR V8_ on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

hey, good to see another stage 1 owner on board. Just wondering are there many stage 1's in aussie?? do you see many around??
i'm looking at moving over there in a couple of years and would be keen to carry on with them.

catcha later
gary
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
_LR V8_

Post by _LR V8_ »

Hi Gary,

You see them around occasionally... got mine off ebay(Aust) for not very much.... there's a Stage 1 diesel there at the moment...

Cheers,

Pete
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Pete,
Chris here in Nowra! I am pretty sure if you live in Canberra and you just got a white Stage 1 off Ebay, it is the one with the traditional "Land Rover" green oval decal on the front doors??? Is that you? I watch ebay for land rover stuff all the time!! Congrats on an awesome truck, you will not be dissapointed!!! Have you had it out in the bush yet?? Post some pics when you get a chance. Shoot me a message if you are ever in Nowra, i work at Albatross.

Cheers,
Chris
_LR V8_

Post by _LR V8_ »

Hi there Chris,

No decals on mine.... here's the link to ebay

I work at Harman.....

'Snowy' has a flat battery.... tried to jump start it on what appeared to be the right terminals... red to red etc.... even an 'E' stamped on the earth post.... but it arced like a welder :shock:

Swapped the jumper leads and all was ok... started real well but held no charge..... I guess I just need a nice sunny day and make sure the battery leads are the right way around....

Cheers,

Pete
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

I rember that one, i was thinking of another one i saw for sale in Canberra a couple of months ago. $2800, not bad!! I paid $3900 for mine this time last year from some kid in Dee Why northern Sydney and still running like a champ. Did you get it registered yet??

Chris
_LR V8_

Post by _LR V8_ »

Nah... too busy to be honest... just moved into a new place with my boys... when I get time Snowy has to go over the pits here in the ACT..... :roll:
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi LR V8 welcome to the forum from Scotland :D

Baz
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

Hi there Pete,
Welcome to the forum!
Seems like there is a few Stage 1's in Australia :D... Mine is in QLD while I do my uni studies here in Sydney :cry:
_LR V8_

Post by _LR V8_ »

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Have found some very valuable info here already... those manuals are priceless.....

I replaced the battery and all is well. I think it was a problem with a collapsed plate or two... I seem to remember from way back that this can reverse the polarity :shock:

Snowy now has a few friends... may seem a bit OT... but as I establish a new home with my two boys (20 & 18 ) and grandson (2) I decided they needed to get there hands a bit more dirty.... far too much time spent on study/internet/foxtel etc....

Besides... home is now a bachelor pad... so we get to do lots of guy stuff.... and making the most of it too !!!

The stable now consists of:

'63 S2A SWB "Missy"
'63 S2A SWB (parts donor)
'74 S3 Tray Top (for No 1 son)
'79 S3 LWB FFR (for No 2 son)
'80 stage 1 "Snowy"

Lots of fun times ahead lol....

Cheers,

Pete
stephen

Post by stephen »

G`day Welcome isee you are in canberra im at Tathra 2.5 hours away so if u go to the beach one day look us up .(64941471 ph#)02 area code.
stephen 8) 8) 8)