Another new stage 1 owner

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi Chris, that sure is one nice truck you have there, should give you year's of entertainment.

Welcome to the forum mate
Basil :D
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
6JN 565

Stage 1 V8

Post by 6JN 565 »

Hi From Western Australia.

I have one just like yours 6JN 565 Chassis NoLBCMVIAF 525887 Enging No 12G00611 Western Australia Registered.,

Bought her in 1983 with 1253 kms on the Clock she no has 658,000 with still original engine and gearbox. She was converted to LPG in 1986

Took her to Europe in 1999 for 3 years and had a great time. She is now converted to a camper with the back two rows of seats removed.

Hope you have as much fun with her as we have done. Old rovers never die they are almost imortal.!!!

Regards Howard & Val
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Hello all,
Just wanted to say hello from Virgina. The truck made the trip over with no problems and clearing customs was also quite easy. The harderst thing to do was get it registered in Virginia. VA is a title based state and since cars don't have titles in Australia, they didn't know what to do---these DMV people only think in black and white. After some paperwork and a few hours in line at the DMV, my stage 1 finally has some tags. Here are a couple of photos of the new home. Take care,

Chris

Tin

Post by Tin »

Hi Chris,

First of all... welcome to the forum !!! :lol:
Your Landy is very nice, I hope that you enjoy with this fantastic V8 very much!!, it is in a very good condition!! Congratulations!!!

Regards from Spain!! :wink:
LAND ROVER, the best!!!
Davo

Post by Davo »

I think you should have bought an old heap first so you'd know how lucky you are to have the one you've got! :D Very noice . . .

There are two metal loops welded under the left-hand side bent pipe of the roobar. I reckon they are for a waterbag. Maybe you should get one!
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Hello everyone, just wanted to give you all an update on my truck. Xmas came early this year in the form o
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Sorry about that, the message posted early. Anyway, i got a new full-length roof rack from Brownchurch, a set a heavy duty parabolic springs and shocks that i will install over the holidays, some new light guards and probably the best treat was a used LT77 out of a '94 D90 for only $52 on ebay!!!!! Now i just need an LT230 and some other bits and pieces and i will be in business for a 5 speed conversion.

Here are some photos of the goods.

Hope all is well out there.

Chris

IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/ ... C00666.jpg[/IMG]
stephen

Gday

Post by stephen »

Gday m8 read txts saw pics & Ihope thats all u took back state side it looks to good to be allowed out of Australia,did not escape with one of our women as well :?:
landdani

Post by landdani »

Hi 1toughV8, you treat your car as a queen.
wonderful sport!
1984 SeriesIII ex-melitary, 109 inch, V8 stage one