Cheshire Fire Brigade Stage 1 V8

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
696L

Cheshire Fire Brigade Stage 1 V8

Post by 696L »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum just having taken over ownership of an ex Cheshire Fire Brigade Stage 1. The Landy is in pretty good nick, apart from that is having two engines in the rear load area and none in the engine bay!

I think that one of the engines, possibly the original, which is complete with periferals, came out of the old girl and am assuming the other, not quite complete, was acquired with a view to providing spares. I believe that the vehicle was used by the Brigade cadets when it was withdrawn from operational service and think they might have been involved in the engine transfer plan, though I'm not sure if this was as a result of a mechanical issue or an engineering project.

There is no fire fighting equipment, pump or tank, with the old girl. I am a serving fire Officer and after getting her back up and running would like to restore her to her fire service configuration. That said I have very little information about the vehicle and what equipment she would have had in service. I'm hoping that someone out there on the forum might know a little more and ideally might have some photos of the operational end they would be willing to share. It's reg DMB 904X.

Thanks in advance, Mark.
Geoff

Re: Cheshire Fire Brigade Stage 1 V8

Post by Geoff »

Googling it, I found a photo of a Stage One fire tender DMB 902X with Cheshire Fire Service on this page - scroll down to find it - I didn't read but looked like might be some info there:

https://twitter.com/sandbachfs
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
696L

Post by 696L »

Thank you I’ll have a look and see if I can make contact with the owner through the station
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Would love to see the odd picture of the project, if you remember. I imagine getting the pumps will be the hardest.

Oh, no pumps in this one?
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5