New Stage 1

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Fish

New Stage 1

Post by Fish »

Hi,

I've just returned to the Stage 1 fold buying the Green Station Wagon which was on ebay and car and classics..

Drove it back from south wales to the midlands with no problems other than the fuel system nearly dying on me... I think the pump is origional and shall we say a little past it's best! oh and the fuel tank leaks!

Anyhow trying to decide whether to do a light refresh or go the whole hog and do a chassis up rebuild..

Other biggie is I'm wondering whether to change the colour not the biggest fan of green but then it is the origional so maybe I shoudl keep it.

The car is fairly origional with quite a bit of wear.

So if anyone has a stage 1 bonnet I'd love to hear as it currently has a defender on it..

Also not new to Stage ones as my previous one which I did a full (probably in hindsight too sterile rebuild) is featured somewhere in these pages. A red utility soft top..
Geoff

Re: New Stage 1

Post by Geoff »

Welcome back (why the change of user name? - what was it before?)

Is this the one?:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-1 ... 7675.l2557

If so, doesn't look in need of a rebuild.

Interesting that you are looking for a Stage 1 bonnet. I thought I was the only one that fussy. I spent years looking for one - without a spare wheel carrier. I intend to swap it for the one with on my limestone Stage 1, so will eventually have a genuine Stage 1 bonnet with spare wheel carrier going on ebay. New one is presently sitting in a spare bedroom but heaven knows when I will get round to the swap as I want to get it resprayed limestone first - I've lots of 'projects' and am not a fast worker - as long as my vehicles are driveable, I'm never in any rush with any improvements I'm afraid.
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
Fish

Post by Fish »

Don't remember being on any forums last time I rebuild the last one in 2003/4

Anyway not going to do anything major for a few months as I need the workshop clear in June for an event so it needs to stay drivable ish till then.

First thing is a new fuel tank and brakes and parabolics..

I'll use the time to debate it's future.. Anyone done a full softtop station wagon before..?
Fish

Post by Fish »

There are some photos of my old one on the Glencoyne site...

It's the soft top red one..

http://www.glencoyne.co.uk/stage1/v8photo2.htm
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Also not new to Stage ones as my previous one which I did a full (probably in hindsight too sterile rebuild) is featured somewhere in these pages.
Don't remember being on any forums last time I rebuild the last one in 2003/4
? So I guess you meant Glencoyne's site?
Anyone done a full softtop station wagon before..?
What's a 'full softtop station wagon'?
Fish

Post by Fish »

You have the doors and then everything else is soft top..

Last edited by Fish on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Well I wouldn't call that a station wagon, but never mind. Is that what you are thinking of doing with this one? What about the second row doors? - split doors? I'm intending to fit split second row doors to mine, but not because I'm intending to fit a soft top (although that would be possible) but because I want to fit early 110 all-alloy door tops on the second row doors eventually in addition to the ones I already have for the front doors.

Your picture isn't showing up.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Don't know why the pic isn't showing up it's small but https?
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

You can't upload pictures directly to the forum, if that's what you are trying to do. You have to upload them to an image hosting website such as flickr, which is the one I use, and then copy and paste the BB code from there to the forum.
Fish

Post by Fish »

I'd tried google photos but it doesn't seem to like the link, I'll have to set a flickr account up as photobucket has stopepd third party links..

Anyway off out so will post sometime..

Now fixed with a Flickr account, google photos doesn't like it..
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Photobucket is rubbish now (and always seemed to me to be too infested with ads to look at what you wanted)

Don't know anything about google photos, but doesn't surprise me that anything to do with google should be a pain in the ...

A good thing about flickr is it's relatively easy to post whatever size of image you want to the forum, once you work out how, irrespective of how big the original is, and your posted image on the forum is also a link to the original on flickr which can then be blown up if the viewer wants.
Cliff4WD

Post by Cliff4WD »

I'd recommend postimage.org for photos. It's designed for message board photo sharing and they promise to ensure the photos remain accessable.
As for my Stage 1 restoration, well I plan to get cracking when the weather warms and dries as I'll be working in the open mostly.
Cliff

1981 109 V8 Stage 1
2000 Discovery 2 Td5

109 V8: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2161
My Disco Thread: http://www.thed2boysclub.co.uk/viewtopi ... =3&t=58130

LAND ROVER. TURNING OWNERS INTO PAUPERS FOR 70 YEARS
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Welcome back to the fold and to the site.

Never seen a four door rag top before. Looks custom made.

You could also try Dropbox.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Only just seen that photo you posted above - looks weird - definitely not a factory product, unless it's a special order - but why would you? (why did someone?) Normally, a 4 door rag top would just have the door bottoms.
Cliff4WD

Post by Cliff4WD »

Geoff wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:15 pm ...will eventually have a genuine Stage 1 bonnet with spare wheel carrier going on ebay...
Give me a shout when you get around to this, I would be interested
Cliff

1981 109 V8 Stage 1
2000 Discovery 2 Td5

109 V8: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2161
My Disco Thread: http://www.thed2boysclub.co.uk/viewtopi ... =3&t=58130

LAND ROVER. TURNING OWNERS INTO PAUPERS FOR 70 YEARS