Looking for a Stage 1 V8 Photo for TV show...

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
BritishCars

Looking for a Stage 1 V8 Photo for TV show...

Post by BritishCars »

Hello
I've just replied to an existing thread - hope no one minds me putting this plea as a separate thread too.

I'm working on a show for Channel 5 called The Cars That Made Britain. We're doing a section on the Defender and within that, someone tells a story about the Stage 1 V8. We'd love a photo to illustrate it, but annoyingly our usual photo agencies don't seem to have one (not a suitable one, anyway) and even Land Rover's site only has a couple which don't quite fit the bill.

What we're particularly looking for is a shot of one where we can see the 'V8' sign on the side. If anyone has one in java green, that would be perfect, but it's not essential. We'd really appreciate any help.

Cons - We have no cash incentive for this. Annoying, I know. Plus, if you wanted to help, I would have to boringly send you a boring form to sign and boringly send back, electronically or otherwise. These two things are, I know, enough to put anyone off. But there are some pros...

Pros - Your car featured on the show. And we'd do a thank you in the credits too. Not amazing pros, I know. Sorry.

If anyone would like to help, I'd be extremely grateful, but I totally understand if it seems too much of a faff with the release form etc. You can email me at dan.trelfer@voltage.tv

Thanks very much!
Dan
Adie

Re: Looking for a Stage 1 V8 Photo for TV show...

Post by Adie »

There are some nice pics of Giorgio Delfino's Java Green pickup with the V8 script on the side in the Photo Gallery section on the main page. His is in the bottom left corner of the page. Click it and it will take you a a few pics of it. One particularly nice side profile showing the V8 script. His is mint too!
1979 88" Series 3 Diesel (Daily Driver)
1982 109" Stage 1 V8 County Station Wagon
BritishCars

Re: Looking for a Stage 1 V8 Photo for TV show...

Post by BritishCars »

Thanks Adie - I think that is pretty much spot on what we're after. I'll try dropping Giorgio a line!