Hello from Oxfordshire

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Adie

Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Adie »

Evening guys. My name is Adie, I am based in Oxfordshire and already have a '79 88" diesel that I drive daily. I belong to the Series 3 and 90/110 club/forum and already know Geoff via the forum who kindly pointed me in this direction.

I have wanted a Stage 1 for some time but have been happy to watch them come and go, partly to get an idea of how often they come up and value, but also as now is just not the right time to be buying another Land Rover for various reasons. (They also always seem to be hundreds of miles away which does soften the blow of watching someone else walk off with it!)

However, when a 12 seater station wagon appears 20 minutes up the road....well....what to do?? Well you buy it, join the Stage 1 V8 forum and be extra nice to the missus for the next few years lol!!

Well its been standing a good while. It's not home yet but the rear chassis and the top of the bulkhead require work as you would expect and the usual recommissioning of a long standing vehicle. So quite a bit then!!

Will keep you all updated as things progress and will definitely be requiring assistance on some of the unique areas....and that V8!!

Here is a pic to be going along with....see what you think, does anyone know the vehicle?

Imagestage 1 by Adrian Tyler, on Flickr
1979 88" Series 3 Diesel (Daily Driver)
1982 109" Stage 1 V8 County Station Wagon
Geoff

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Geoff »

Welcome and good luck with your new Stage 1
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Hi,

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to the updates.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Adie

Post by Adie »

Got the Log Book back from DVLA. Looking through a few things. Engine number is 11G 021**. According to Glencoyne Engineering, 11G is a 'detoxed' engine?? Does anyone know what this is and does it sap HP? Is it good or bad? I know the inlet manifold and strombergs are sitting in the footwell and a Range Rover inlet and SU's sit on the engine. Is this still detoxed or did that come away with the original inlet and carbs??
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

That means a bunch of plumbing required for the European and (I think) US markets has been removed. If anything, it means you have more HP not less.

http://www.landroveraddict.com/forums/t ... adID=28951

You may need to register to see the images.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Adie

Post by Adie »

Thanks for the link disco2, what a fook about to get rid of that lot!! Very informative! I feel a lot happier about what now sits on top of my engine!!
Alicerover

Post by Alicerover »

Welcome on board, you find lots of info on here and lots of friendly Stage one owners!!
Alice (My Stage 1) says hi from Leicestershire :D
Adie

Post by Adie »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Will keep you all posted as it all progresses.
firemanshort

Post by firemanshort »

She is a beauty!

The Stage One was never originally imported to the USA - so the "TOX" or "De-TOX" is not an American specification (this time).

Since all Stage One's are older than 25 years of age - they are all eligible for import. They just need the engines to be as they were from the factory.

So, if you put that original carbs back on the truck - you are eligible to sell it to me at a super cheap price and I can take this girl off your hands!!! :lol:
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
Adie

Post by Adie »

lol Firemanshort! Nice try but I think I will have to pass on that one. :lol: Ideal for you too I suppose as it's already nearly fire engine red!

I bet they must be a super rare sight in the US then if only ever imported privately?
Adie

Post by Adie »

How did you find yours?