Hello from Slough (Berkshire)

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
TheLemon

Hello from Slough (Berkshire)

Post by TheLemon »

Hello everyone. Have I bought a lemon? Probably! What I have just bought is THE lemon. Ex star of Wheeler Dealers. As Ed said "You've bought us a lemon". It is pretty much as last seen 7 years ago on the show, however, since then it has acquired power steering and parabolic springs. The LPG kit and roll over bar are still in situ as is the paint-work (lovely!). I haven't tried the LPG yet. If it works my plan is to use up the remaining gas and remove it. (Anyone interested?). Also the roll over bar. (ditto). So, here I am, you can call me Dave, and I am sure I'll be back many times.
disco2hse

Re: Hello from Slough (Berkshire)

Post by disco2hse »

Hi Welcome aboard.

I tried googling that but it must be from a previous series. Can you put up some pictures, we don't get that show here.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

So thats where it went! :) Lets see some pics then

Re the LPG, yes I might be interested in that depending upon price/location.

Cheers Sam
TheLemon

Post by TheLemon »

Hello disco2hse, Wheeler Dealers Series 5. You can probably find it on Youtube. Hi Sam, haven't taken any pictures yet and will then have to get my head around uploading them to the site. SL1 6LH. I am sure the price will be VERY reasonable. Thanks all for the welcome. Dave.
udo1-ton

Post by udo1-ton »

Wow, interesting vehicle. I remember that issue of wheeler dealers, it had been a given up restoration. 8)
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

Hmmm Slough... I'm in Doncaster lol. If you can get it all on a pallet when you've removed it then it might be doable. Can you take lots of pics as you remove it, and ideally tag any wires? Muchos gracias :D
TheLemon

Post by TheLemon »

Seemingly the vendor sent it away for a re-spray in Inca Yellow and it came back in a bright yellow which was apparently also called Inca Yellow, hence the paint shops mistake. Now we all know FAB 207 Inca Yellow, but I am blowed if I can track down the other Inca Yellow which I would like to find for touching in some of the missing patches. Any one got any clues? Dave.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I've just cringed my way through that video and words fail me - what a pair of plonkers! Best of luck trying to get that Stage One back from a fate worse than death (did they even once even mention it was a Stage One?) Somehow their putting the side lights and indicators on the wrong way round, down under style, seemed to just sum it all up. While you're trying to undo their vandalism, why don't you rip out the power steering (who needs it?) and para(dia)bolic springs as well? (and I'd have given them a black bumper in return for the galvanised one - I could have wept!) [Just my opinion of course] :o :? :shock: :x :roll: :evil: :cry: :(
TheLemon

Post by TheLemon »

Hi Geoff, Yes the programme is not to every ones taste. I was intrigued by your comment about the side lights and had to pop out to the garage and have a look. Someone must have already spotted that as they are now the correct way around. The power steering is needed due to the 14" mountney steering wheel! Dave
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

Re the paint, if you have a decent bodyshop/car paint supplier near to you, they'll have a tool that they put over a paint sample which allows them to make up a perfect match. It cost me £17 (IIRC) for a large aerosol for this service last year. I have to admit it wasn't a perfect match, but is near enough in most lighting conditions (I'm a bit pedantic lol)
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Re the 14" steering wheel - I groaned some more! :) But re the paint, I agree with the Captain - a decent paint supplier should be able to match it - I took along a headlight surround (that being the easiest thing to detach) but in your case, I noticed in the video that the petrol cap had got painted - failing that, a doortop? Being a perfectionist, I too noticed the match wasn't quite perfect, but I doubt anybody else would see it (At least my other Stage 1 is plain old bog standard Limestone - my old 4cyl 109 was so many different shades of green people thought it was camouflage!) All the best with the truck
skittles

Post by skittles »

I bought a truck cab roof off a chap in Yorkshire a few months back who said that he was the one that supplied the vehicle to the show.
TheLemon

Post by TheLemon »

Yes, it's intriguing when you sort of know the history of a vehicle, but not quite, if you see what I mean.