New Stage 1 Owner

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
andy125

New Stage 1 Owner

Post by andy125 »

Hello All,

Always fancied a stage 1 after owning a defender 110 V8 for a few years so took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought an original hard top 109 V8, only done 50,000 miles - was used by a distillery company in Scotland on one of their estates, engine and running gear is all pretty good as is most of the panel work, chassis is going to need some work and may decide to go down the route of a new galv chassis from Richards.

I'm sure i'll be asking for advice when I get stuck in with the re-build !!
Andy

Leeds, UK
Stage 1 109 Hardtop, S2A 109 pick up, Range Rover DSE
harry potter

Re: New Stage 1 Owner

Post by harry potter »

Hello and welcome,

have you just brought the yellow landy that finished on ebay on the 2nd of Aug by any chance?
If it was - l was also bidding on it with the plan to break it up for the parts.

enjoy the rebuild - how bad was the rust on the chassis?
please keep us updated with pics of the rebuild.

regards
andy125

Post by andy125 »

Thanks for the welcome,

Yes, I bought the yellow one - chassis isn't too bad to be honest from the poking around I've done so far, around the front dumb irons is the worst bit, but is repairable and will need a new rear crossmember, bulkhead is sound apart from the footwells, what was really unusual was the wings had rotted out across the front and also the inner wing around the front grille fixings, fortunately I've got a really good set of stage 1 wings.

Hoping to start the strip down this weekend, will definitely post pics as the rebuild goes along

Cheers
Andy

Leeds, UK
Stage 1 109 Hardtop, S2A 109 pick up, Range Rover DSE
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Hi and welcome aboard.

At least once you get going, if you decide to keep the chassis the components are readily available.

Looking forward to see what you do.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5