Hello from manchester uk

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
cornish rattler

Hello from manchester uk

Post by cornish rattler »

Hi guys

My name is graham and i live in wythenshawe in manchester.
redtailhawk

Re: Hello from manchester uk

Post by redtailhawk »

Hi Graham
Welcome to the forum which type of stage 1 do you have?
Darren
1981 Stage 1 SW
If it's not broken don't try to fix it
cornish rattler

redtailhawk wrote:Hi Graham
Welcome to the forum which type of stage 1 do you have?
Darren
Hi darren

I don't have a stage one at the moment but i am looking at buying one in the new year.

i have had a couple of s11's and 111's swb's in the past and my last one i converted it to a 200tdi but sold it a couple of years ago and moved onto disco1's but found them a bit boaring so i have decided to go back to a s111 again but this time i want a stage 1 hence all the questions in the tech section :)
harry potter

Post by harry potter »

hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a Stage 1 lined up that your looking at buying or just waiting to see what pops up?

after any particular type? van? station wagon soft top? ect..

welth of knowledge here, just have patience with the 'search' function
cornish rattler

harry potter wrote:hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a Stage 1 lined up that your looking at buying or just waiting to see what pops up?

after any particular type? van? station wagon soft top? ect..

welth of knowledge here, just have patience with the 'search' function
Hi harry

idealy i would like a van with windows in the front section of the rear sides and have bench seats in the front section of the rear aswell and have the very back for carrying stuff in as i would need the car for taking me and the family / friends to my static caravan ( perranporth in cornwall ) in.

i have used a 300tdi disco ( 7 seater ) in the past and although the car ran ok, with 6 peeps in the car i had to take my trailer with us to carry all the luggage in as there was no room in the disco aswell.

i could go for a 2.25 petrol lwb but it would be slow and heavyer on juice so would need to convert it to a 200tdi for the power and economy as i did to my s11a swb i had before the disco i had before now but that would take a while to do and the engines are more expensive to buy now and with all the time and money i would spend doing it i would be better off buying a stage 1 V8.

i wouldn't need the car for every day use as work is just a short walking distance away so would just be used for weekends and breaks to the caravan every now and then.

i would also consider a stage 1 station waggon as its more the condition of the vehicle rather than the model that i would be interested with.

i am not mythered about the colour just as long as the chassis and bulkhead is ok / reparable, i don't mind doing other stuff that needs doing :)