Stage One in Germany

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
elanbaby

Stage One in Germany

Post by elanbaby »

Hi,
a quick hello to all of you! In September I bought my V8 off a very nice chap in Goole. Apart from some cosmetical signs of a busy life, mechanically everything is just fine. Got it TÜVd (that´s the German mot) and registered and have lots of fun since. This week I did my first "flat out" test on a german Autobahn: The mls needle very quickly flew to its end stop, the satnav showing in excess of 150km/h (95mls/h). Gave me the creeps, but also a big grin. Usually I cruise around 50-60mls and I was very surprised the beast goes THAT fast! LT95 stock, no od. Engine stock except removed restrictors. I am very pleased! :-)

Brilliant Forum by the way. Glad to be here.

Juergen

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Beautiful! WANT!!
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

haha you are more game than I. :D

Looks to be in excellent condition. Do you know the history of the vehicle? Looks like it must have been in some kind of official capacity.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
elanbaby

Post by elanbaby »

History
1st owner: 15 years recovery vehicle in Scotland, apx 50.000mls
2nd owner: 15 years privately owned and cherished in Yorkshire, apx. 5.000mls
Came with a Harvey Frost crane, which looked nice but was of no use to me. Took it off which saved plenty of weight :-)
Juergen
hundertneuner

Post by hundertneuner »

Hi Juergen,

welcome (so klein ist die Welt...)!!!

Regards,
Sascha
noexitroad

Post by noexitroad »

mint!

Re: Stage One in Germany

Post by 5988 »

elanbaby wrote:Hi,
a quick hello to all of you! In September I bought my V8 off a very nice chap in Goole. Apart from some cosmetical signs of a busy life, mechanically everything is just fine. Got it TÜVd (that´s the German mot) and registered and have lots of fun since. This week I did my first "flat out" test on a german Autobahn: The mls needle very quickly flew to its end stop, the satnav showing in excess of 150km/h (95mls/h). Gave me the creeps, but also a big grin. Usually I cruise around 50-60mls and I was very surprised the beast goes THAT fast! LT95 stock, no od. Engine stock except removed restrictors. I am very pleased! :-)

Brilliant Forum by the way. Glad to be here.

Juergen

Quite a local one to me that one, kept meaning to go look at it for reference for my rebuild before it got sold :lol:

I'm surprised it will do 95 with the standard gearing as a RRC with higher gearing is only good for 100ish
Are you sure it doesnt have the higher range rover gearing in the transfer box

Nice LR though :D
Greenmobile

Post by Greenmobile »

Welcome!

Very nice and straight looking. :D