hey everyone

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
djrr6

hey everyone

Post by djrr6 »

hi

i have recently bought a stage 1 v8 ex police beast so thought i would join up and see what everyone else is doing to keep theirs on the road!

mine is a bit scruffy but i am slowly rebuilding and using it regularly and had plenty of old sii / sii's and a few jeeps as well so hopefully got a good one this time.

cheers

David
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, I'm sure someone on here will know the answer. What force was it with and do you have any pictures of it?
Matt B
firemanshort

Post by firemanshort »

... and where are you?
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
djrr6

Post by djrr6 »

sorry for late reply but have just got back from hols.

it was apparently from police recovery services based on motorway clearances however this is second hand information and still waiting for all the info to come back about its past but beleive it was based in hertfordshire.

I am based in harrogate and bought the stage 1 from north east (england) and was fairly cheap at 750 with 12 months MOT however since bought found v low oil pressure and lots of ongoing issues however slowly getting around them all and am using it quite regularly still.

amazed at the speed it gets for an old bus and the great fun even if its not too keen on recharging itself so can see an expensive alternator being bought.

i will take some pics and upload and it is a white cruffy looking thing at the moment but soon to be a pristine white beast if can sort the mechanical issues prior to painting
Orbitalpear

Post by Orbitalpear »

Welcome! Another rolling restoration is always good.

As mentioned, try and get some pictures up if you can, its nice to see new trucks.