Additional question

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
nrv1

Additional question

Post by nrv1 »

Thanks for the answers posted already.
I also meant to ask if there is any material benefit to performance in having the restrictors removed especially given the steering and the brakes seem to struggle with the restricted performance.
I also have with my papers the hard cover green instruction manual for the V8 .I do not know how common these are but it would seem a useful document to have scanned on the site along with the other manuals.
NRV1

Post by 5988 »

Losing the restrictors will help
The V8 was around 135 bhp in the RRC
the addition of restrictors and some other changes dropped that to 91 for the stage 1 ... which is rubbish from a 3.5ltr engine

You will gain some power with the restrictors gone, but they fight hard ... tbh its easier just to put a RRC manifold on as they are cheap and ideally you want the manifold off to get the restrictors out anyway

You will get a noticeable economy increase if you don't use the power, as your having to drag all the air through that narrow opening atm, and thats costing you fuel to do it - so even if you don't want the power, unless real rivet counting matters to you get them out

Your brakes should easily cope with the power in standard form, if they don't stop it confidently from the speed limit there are problems

as for the manual - there are some already on Landroverv8.com - if its not one of them it will be worth having, Ive not seen one, but the NZ/AUS guys may have as stage 1 stuff seems much more common over there

p.s I guess you meant to put this in tech not welcome :lol: