New Member New Zealand

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
petec

New Member New Zealand

Post by petec »

Hello there my name is Pete, I live in Dunedin New Zealand, I googled my Landrover the other day and found this site, great to be able to contact other 109 V8 owners, it can be difficult trying to work some things out when very few people know much about these unique vehicles, I have owned my Landy for about two and a half years, it is a 1983 model and was probably assembled in NZ by the NZ Motor Corporation.
I am crap at this computer stuff could someone run me through how to get photos on to the site.

Thanks Pete C. [/img]
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Hi Pete,

Welcome aboard. It will be good to get some more info about your Landie and the photos.

To post images you need to first upload them to a site like Picasa, Photobucket or some such. These are free image hosting sites. Picasa is part of Google so you can also hook it up to your gmail account. When your images are uploaded you then link to them from here.

For your images to show in the forum you need to link to where they are uploaded. To link to your images you will see when you make a forum posting that there is a button at the top right with "Img" in it. So:

1: Where your image was uploaded to you will probably see it in an album or something. Normally there is a field that says something like "link" where you can copy the image location, or more easily you should be able to right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" or whatever it is in the browser you are using (I use Firefox mostly).

e.g http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UfJt3xcgTdQ/TJpfD ... 070781.jpg is what I get when I do this on a picture.

2: In your forum posting click on the "Img" button to get Image.

e.g.
Click - Image

Done

Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
petec

Landy Photos

Post by petec »

ImageImageImageImage
Thanks Alan, hope it works, the preview pics look big!
My 109 was brought new in Invercargill by a farmer from Windom, he passed it on to his son who used it for his brick laying business in Wanaka, I bought it from him in early 2008,it had been sitting under some pine trees for 18 months, the front prop shaft universals were had it,(thankfully not the centre joint) also had some fuel issues, but after changing all the fluids, spark plugs,ect it has been going ok, it is pretty much original except for the wheels which were on it when I got it,(it came wth the factory wheels also) according to the previous owner the milage is also original 58000km when I got it, must have been used mostly on the farm. Thanks Pete
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Excellent score! Well done :)

I might suggest you hit the edit button (it's waaay over on the right of the screen) and put a couple of lines between each picture so they show up below each other instead beside each other.

I think I remember seeing that on tardme (?).
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
petec

Post by petec »

Yes it was on trademe, I bid on it but it just dissapeared, I tracked it down through a friend in Wanaka, then rang the guy and bought it, he got a WOF for it, the rego was on hold so I had to fix that up, get a new battery etc, Paid $2500.00 but probably $3000.00 by the time I could really use it. I am going to practise the picture stuff so new posts will hopfully look better.
Thanks again
Pete C
landdani

Post by landdani »

Hello, is it your first 4x4 advanture?
wonderful sport!
1984 SeriesIII ex-melitary, 109 inch, V8 stage one